• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Transforming Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I am making a Kirby hero. I have 2 transforming spells, but they "copy" the same type of ability. When I transform into one, and I when I click the button to "revert" back, he goes back to kirby just fine. But if I use his other transform ability when he is already transformed, thats when it causes problems. I click the "revert" button, but he joes goes back to what he previously was, could be kirby or the other tranformation.

I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of the other transformation when he's already transformed. Or there might be a way so that one of the spells are disabled when he is transformed.

I am not very good at making up triggers, but I follow directions very well.
So can someone please help me with this?

BTW, if you want a copy of the map to see whats going on, just let me now and ill upload it to the site.

Level 2
Thanks for the help, but I already knew that morphed units need an alternate form. I know how to perfectly make a morphed unit.

My problem is, using 2 morphing spells on the same character. For some reason it just doesn't work.

I would like to know atleast one of these.

Is there a way to get rid of one of the morphing spells, when he transforms?
OR
Is there a way to disable one of the morphing spells, when he is transformed?

Remember, this is a hero with hero abilites. He stills has his normal abilities as if he didn't even transform. Just wanting to make sure, everyone is on the same page.

EDIT-If anyone has an example of this, please post it. I would appreciate it very much.

Level 2
Here is my map, please look at kirby!!

Or if you want, somebody can fix him for me. Ill give credit!

Attachments

• Nintendo Kingdoms v.23.w3x
    3.8 MB · Views: 130
Level 7
Fix it as soon as possible (Sorry, I must post so this post will enter my user CP and I will remember for post the edited one)

EDIT: I tried it but terribly sorry I can't help you... Maybe you can't use same skills in 1 hero, try to not use 2 metamorphosis.. Just make it from Druid of Claw and Talon transformation, will try it soon.. I tell you the update in this post only

Off-Topic: Do you mind if I take some icon from yours??

Last edited:
Level 7
It wont budge... The only thing left in my mind is a trigger based skills, you only need a dummy skill named 'Revert':

Copy Rocky
E-
A unit cast spell
C-
Ability being cast equal to Copy Rocky
A-
Set [Kirby]=casting unit
remove [Kirby] from game
Create 1 Rock Kirby at position of [Kirby] use facing of [Kirby]
Set [KirbyDummy]=last created unit
set hero level of [KirbyDummy] to Hero Level of [Kirby]
Add Revert to [KirbyDummy]
Selection- Pick [KirbyDummy] for owner of [KirbyDummy]
(don't disable [Kirby} variable for later use)

Copy Magoo
E-
A unit cast spell
C-
Ability being cast equal to Copy Magoo
A-
Set [Kirby]=casting unit
remove [Kirby] from game
Create 1 Fire Kirby at position of [Kirby] use facing of [Kirby]
Set [KirbyDummy]=last created unit
set hero level of [KirbyDummy] to Hero Level of [Kirby]
Add Revert to [KirbyDummy]
Selection- Pick [KirbyDummy] for owner of [KirbyDummy]
(don't disable [Kirby} variable for later use)

Revert
E-
A unit cast spell
C-
Ability being cast equal to Revert
A-
remove [KirbyDummy]
Create 1 unit type of [Kirby] at position of [Kirby Dummy] use facing of [Kirby Dummy]
Set [Kirby]=last created unit
set hero level of [Kirby] to Hero Level of [Kirby Dummy]
Selection- Pick [Kirby] for owner of [Kirby]

Sorry, there's very many leaks that I too lazy for fix up there...
You can give integer check to make it able to morphs level 1, 2 and 3.. Just has no idea left to help, anyone has better idea??

EDIT: Forget to post this too, your maps triggers are full of leaks... Fix it before cause extreme lag

Level 2
The triggers are from spells that I got from here. I have no idea how to fix leaks, or what they are really. Is there like a tutorial or anything explaining how to fix em?

EDIT- Thanks for the help though :D, I appreciate it. If you wouldn't mind, which triggers are leaking? B/c I just looked and I saw something about unit groups and like points...

Maybe you could give me an example on how to fix one, and ill try it from there?

Level 7
Which I mean leaks are like [picked unit], [casting unit], [trigerring unit], etc.

You can change it with variables, ex from last post: kirby, dummyKirby

and give trigger called:
custom script: call Destroy... (...)

Don't really know how to give example about his one

Level 2
Well, I did get a tool to tell me what leaks and how to fix it, but when I do what they say... it causes problems with the game and it disables my trigger.

Anybody know what is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.