• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tranquil Fury

User who uploaded this Presents

Tranquil Fury
Created by normalice

Map Info:
Ten player map inspired by Ragnarok and Last Man Standing.

Features:
Has an abundance of creep camps. 5 taverns, 5 fountains of health, one observatory, one shop. 13 total expansions (all with standard 12.5k). Maxed out on trees.

Updates:
none yet

Screenshots:
(Coming Soon)

Other work:
Pack

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Contents

Tranquil Fury (Map)

Reviews
17:00, 13th Mar 2014 Orcnet: With same ratings as its sibling maps, this is considered recommended and a must for players who accepts this type of play role.

M

17:00, 13th Mar 2014
Orcnet: With same ratings as its sibling maps, this is considered recommended and a must for players who accepts this type of play role.

Level 21
Very well done map! Here is my review:-

GOOD POINTS:-
- Very large map so extra fun gameplay
- The watery parts and the central point look really marvellous
- Proper item drops
- Well put creep camps

BAD POINTS:-
- The central point has a Goblin Merchant and a Goblin Laboratory but why are they guarded by two weak Ice Troll Trappers? I expected very strong monsters there!
- All monsters in most of the creep camps face random directions
- Some parts of your terrain lack of tile variation! For example, I found a lot of parts with only Snow, Dirt and an insignificant proportion of Rough Dirt. Where are the rest of the tiles? Vanished in nothing?

SUGGESTIONS:-
- It would be better if the monsters in one creep camp face a single direction or nearby directions, not that some monsters face south and others face north (look at the Faceless Ones and Unbrokens to comprehend what I mean so you don't misunderstand)
- The parts with Snow and Dirt only need more Rought Dirt, Ice and Dark Ice (the Dark Ice is optional)
- The central part needs to be heavily guarded

OVERALL RESULT:-
To conclude, this map is just awesome and deserves a 4.25/5, a rating of 4 (for the bad issues I can't give 5) and my vote for SURE APPROVAL!

Level 13
the middle is guarded by weak creeps because there is only one shop/observatory. as such, it is expected that the area will be hotly contested by the players - there's no need to put difficult creeps there to get in the way. Plus, having easy creeps encourages people to use the shops earlier, which can lead to faster 'collisions' between players and thus faster paced games. I chose trappers so no one can sneak off with a shredder or zeppelin without at least taking the time to kill the creeps.

i'll work on the tiling and creep facing - thought i fixed those but must have missed some..

Level 6
Good things:

-PERFECT terrain!
-Creep camp locations - pretty balanced.
-Plenty of free space and many goldmines.

Bad Things:

-You should rebalance the level of creeps everywhere.

I'd say it is a very very good map and after a little rebalancing of those creep camps it will fit in the definition of "perfect" for all those melee lovers :p [4,75//5,00]