• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trailer? How to make one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I don't know if this is the right section, but if not, the mods can move this one to the appropiate section
Okay, i want to create a trailer for my map, how to make one?
I see some trailer here, and notice that the trailer was made without taking the vid from the monitor, how to do it?

mostly we use either Fraps or HyperCam

on my experience, Fraps is better for wc3 because I get some blinks on hypercam footage of wc3

while hypercam is good for anything else, as hypercam can record any part of the screen while Fraps only work for those using OpenGL I think...

and hypercam has a free version (not trial)

Level 7
I haven't done much screen recording, but last year I recorded a bit of Braid using Taksi. It's not bad, ideal for recording games (as opposed to your desktop). It's not the most user friendly app, but it has some nice features and you can tweak it quite a lot.

However I haven't used Hypercam, that might be sufficient.

Level 7
And I've got all of it right here...

Magic002.gif

Level 7
Yeah, like making a cut scene with different cameras.

It's good for different angles, but not if you want to make a gameplay trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.