• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Trail Image Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, Forgive my very newness in Warcraft 3 Editting. I'm very ambitious and lack patience, like most americans, unfortunately.

There is a spell on this site that I saw that I have to give serious credit to, and that was Sonic Speed.

I've been looking to make a Hero arena based FFA/Team game centered around a group of Friends I roleplay with on some forums.

If you've played the To The Bitter End Campaign by "Master Reaver" we are both in the same group. Unfortunately, he has lots more time and patience then I do with these things, and I have a great sense of gamebalance from a competition point of view so I'm making a series of attacks and abilities for all the characters.

Anyways, Jumping to the point, there is one thing I always boasted about my Character, Fei Serumen. When He moves and attacks he leaves a shadowy trail of images behind him that dissipate to represent his speed, grace, and finesse.

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=444&sid=4454b15d4a03bd967964e3102e956e5c

is the ability i'm referring to.

Looking at the trigger I can see and understand how everything falls into place, what everything is referencing and the mechanics of it. What I cannot do, because of my own stubborness is make an effect that is always on. When Fei Serumen Moves and attacks, he leaves a trail of shadows behind him.

I don't know what triggers to use due to my inexperience with WE, and I'm quite frustrated.

I do not wish to just rip this gentleman's work apart, break it down, and such. I'd like to create something moderately original, but I lack the confidence and skill in doing so.

Any help would be appreciated, a point in the right direction.

I've tried triggering spells before, but they never seem to come together and not work at all, even though I could swear the triggers are right.

Thanks in Advanced,

Fei Serumen/Kumoblade

Status
Not open for further replies.