• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

after trail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Work a little bit on your question, please (it wouldn't hurt to take a screenshot of how you would like it, or a little drawing, or describe it more precisely).

• Trail
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempLoc = (Position of [Unit with Trail])
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempLoc using [Special Effect]
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

Of course, the time event can be different for several special effects, the bigger the special effect (e.g.: war stomp), the higher the time will be.
Probably "Mirror Image" would be a good option

When the ability is cast, turn on this trigger, when the ability ends, turn it off.

There you go, this is the result:

aftertrail.jpg

Level 13
well i was working on footprint manipulation but it's a pain to edit and nobody else who is more expert in that sort of thing is really interested in it...i've had a lot of jass learning to do too, i still have a long way to go in that so i have considered that to be a minor thing. i was indeed trying eventually to do something like what you're trying to do. if i ever figure it out, i'll let you know. you can pm me or post here if you want me to try to get you some notes on some stuff i found out about it. you could also do search on the forum or google for "footprint manipulation" and look for my posts.

i might be wrong though, you might be talking about something else, but i think that's what you meant...

Status
Not open for further replies.