• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Missile trail particles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Ok, here is my request

Theese trails should be seperate models that can be attached to a unit. Should not be to small, but not to big either.

I need
  1. Smoke trail ( can be attached to models for a smoke trail effect. And yes, should be dense enough )
  2. Gyrocopter bomb missile trail ( the smoke )
  3. Fire trail ( Same as smoke, but fire )
  4. Water trail ( Water particles that fall to the ground, similar to the freezing breath trail, only with water )
  5. The freezing breath trail ( only a bit smaller )
  6. Sparks trail ( some sparks particles that fall to the ground )
  7. Lazer trail ( simple enough )
  8. Weapon trail ( like a slash windy trail, can be attached to a weapon for a nice effect )
  9. Wind trail ( similar to the tornado )
  10. Ice trail
  11. Darkness trail ( some kind of shadow )
  12. If you come up with anything that would be nice to :)

+ Rep will be given to the awesome user who can do this

Last edited:
Level 18
Well, here you at least have some of them! ;)

Thx bud ;)

Edit:

Err'r my WE crashed when I tried the smoke model :p

Btw, could you make the frost one more frost like? And could you remove the death effects? :p
I just want stand animation( or birth )

And I would be glad if you fixed the fire thingy, it is just a normal firebolt. Else the gyrocopter and water is exact ;)

Level 18
My WE didn't crash, worked perfectly for me :S
Well, at least I tried making the fireball. (You could maybe use this one?)

Here's a preview map that works perfectly for me, how about you?

Hmm, maybe my WE crashed because I use JNGP, but it shouldn't crash :p

And the sunfire missile is not what I was looking for, I am looking for a smoky fiery trail. Almost like the trail effect from the Motar missile, just more flame

Edit: I kinda liked the current flame to, it just needs some smoke and needs to be a little more fiery and bigger. The frost update is worse, sorry to say that :| ( just looking like a buff, not a trail )

Fixed them up a little, I think :p
The fire is better in my eyes, but the frost sill isn't what it should be...
Added the dark thingy ;)
Discovered something; You asked me to delete the death animations, so now the missiles stay in place a couple of seconds after they should've been destroyed :S

Attachments

• There.rar
    3.4 KB · Views: 29
Level 18
Fixed them up a little, I think :p
The fire is better in my eyes, but the frost sill isn't what it should be...
Added the dark thingy ;)
Discovered something; You asked me to delete the death animations, so now the missiles stay in place a couple of seconds after they should've been destroyed :S

Well, a way to fix this ( i think ) is to have the death animation, but it does not do anything but removing the current model( and letting the particles fade out )

Level 18
Ok, the flame looks awesome now ;) But the smoke should be darker and have a different shape ( another particle maybe? )

And the smoke needs a touch up, it don't look that good, needs to be darker and more "smokey"

The darkness is not exactly what I wanted, I wanted something shadow like, like shadows that erupt from the center. Purple isn't the color I was looking for :p

Edit: The flame smoke should be that when the flames kinda dies out it goes into a smoke stage( if you know what a mean ). Like instead of adding smoke as itself the smoke should come from the flames, not beside it.

Level 18
Is this a better alternative?

Added a test map, too, just to see how they look moving ;)

Ok, the flame is nice now ;) just tone down the smoke to make it darker and it's perfect :D

The shadow needs more of a trail of shadows, instead of a model spewing out emitters, those particles follows the unit instead of like staying at that place.

And the current smoke got worse, sorry :p

The frost still needs more of a snowy thing to it, a bit like the frost wyrm missile. ( it now looks like the orb of ice :/ )

And please, remove the sounds they are annoying :p

Else, GJ on the flame, water and gyrocopter

Level 18
Ok, I dont like:
  1. Fireball - Reason: Most of the trail is gone, liked the last one before
  2. Ice - Reason: ??
  3. Wind - Reason: That is an effect, not a trail :p. I mean similar to the "Abilities\Spells\Other\Tornado\Tornado_Target.mdl" just not the spinning around and a bit denser
  4. Weapon Thingy - Reason: Could be a bit wider imo :p
  5. Lazer - Needs to be smaller ( not so wide )
  6. Smoke - Reason: I dont know, it looks good now :D, just cut down on the brown ( A LITTLE )
  7. Frost - Reason: I like it as it is but I think it needs a touch up ( something else to it )

Other ones are good ;)

Level 18
Ok Now everything looks good except:
  1. Ice - Reason: It is now a missile, The idea was a trail, not a missile :p ( and it don't really give much of a trail. And the trail don't fit :/
  2. Fire - Reason: Make the smoke smaller ( not that high ) and a bit darker
  3. Laser - Reason: Make the trail fade much faster ( it sticks in the map for up to 13 second :/ )
  4. Wind - Reason: You didn't quite listen, I needed it to be denser and not spinning around, I was kinda talking about the texture. Would be nice if some windy particles also appeared from it.
  5. Slash Effect(weapon) - Reason: Needs to be more orange ( not to orange, a bit like yellowish orange )

Status
Not open for further replies.