• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Totem Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey everyone i need one special trigger for my map! i want a unit to summon a totem and if it did the totem stays for 20 seconds and the unit doesnt has anymore the spell to summon the totem instead it hast a ability to create an explosion at the postion of that totem! and if the totem is gone! it has again the ability to summon the totem and the explosion ability is gone

can someone help pls?

Level 11
Make a new trigger:

Events:

Unit finishes effect of an ability

Conditions:

Ability being cast equal to Summon Totem

Actions:

Set TempLoc = Location of ability being cast
Create 1 Totem for owner of casting unit at TempLoc
Add 20 seconds to expiring time
Remove ability Summon Totem from triggering unit
Add ability Explosion to triggering unit
Call RemoveLocation (udg_TempLoc)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Just make a summon unit spell but make the unit a totem that cant move... well I just solved half of your problem =/
For the explosion part just do a trigger that's something like every x seconds, select unit of type X. and then make another trigger that's like every x seconds, if selected unit = to unit of type totem, add explode effect...
I could probably make a better trigger but I'm not on the we atm so that's just from some random triggers I remembered.

Status
Not open for further replies.