• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item spells and models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
hi. i made some sort of spell for item, lets say Locust.
when i added it to weapon- i couldnt use it! i clicked item, and nothing. also, when i copied item with summon headhunter spell, changed icon etc. and added special effect (trigger spell)- it worked, but i couldnt see the "countdown timer" what time is remaining until another use.

also- lets say, i want to make unit like totem. i changed "battle standard" model to tauren cheftains totem (i made my model!). when i tried it, it didnt even load. so second question is-
how can i make item, which when you wear creates some effect (like totem) at unit?
triggers and attachement points?

and last- how can i make item undropable?

How can I make item undroppable?
Item - Make (Item being Manipulated) Undroppable or go to the item in the Object Editor, scroll to field "Stats - Can be dropped" and set it to false.

How can I make item, which, when you wear, creates some effect at unit?
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit acquires an item
    • Unit - A unit sells an item (from shop)
  • Conditions
    • Or - Any Conditions
      • (Item type of (Item being Manipulated)) Equal to X
      • (Item type of (Sold Item)) Equal to X
  • Actions
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at weapon of (Triggering unit) using x.mdl

hi. i made some sort of spell for item, lets say Locust.
when i added it to weapon- i couldnt use it! i clicked item, and nothing. also, when i copied item with summon headhunter spell, changed icon etc. and added special effect (trigger spell)- it worked, but i couldnt see the "countdown timer" what time is remaining until another use.

also- lets say, i want to make unit like totem. i changed "battle standard" model to tauren cheftains totem (i made my model!). when i tried it, it didnt even load. so second question is-
how can i make item, which when you wear creates some effect (like totem) at unit?
triggers and attachement points?

and last- how can i make item undropable?

for the 2nd question: when I use the battle standard ability It always seems that I cannot equip the item at the first run of the map but when I quit then replay the map I can use it already... you can just use the damage ability then set an attachment art...

Level 35
On attachments, I would like to also point out for your benefit that using a dummy ability based off of the Life Regeneration Aura that the Fountain of Healing has in order to attach models to a unit allows the attached model to use Team Colour. Not entirely relevent to your current needs, but a handy tip to keep in mind.

Also, some imported models lack the proper attachment points. We need to know more about what model your using. Is the model of the unit itself an ingame model or an imported model?

Level 7
whats a dummy?

also, i guess thats enought about items-on-unit.(like battle standard).

and about spell- i made it item spell, but it still cost some mana, so ill take a look at it.
hey, and something. how can i make that when unit or hero dies, he drops every item? i think i saw something in game constants, and i used trigger but it droped only 1item.

btw: i wont be here for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.