• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Channel Summon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fud

Fud

Level 3
My trigger editor has a corrupted file and i no longer have the cd to reinstall. Basically, i have to make my spell without trigger editor or minimal trigger use. Please keep this in mind when answering my questions.

I am trying to create a skill that makes a totem that summons a rock elemental. This elemental will exist as long as the totem remains and will have to stay in the general area of the totem. This is very similar to the "tornado" skill that belongs to the naga witch.

My issue is that i changed the unit summoned to my rock elemental and all that good stuff but when i test it the spell makes my rock elemental invulnerable. I cannot find any option that lets me turn this off and it really defeats the purpose of my spell.

Is there any way i can fix this? If not, is there another approach i can take? If i absolutely need triggers what is the easiest way to accomplish this?

Level 33
I have tried this method, and it did not work; the simplest of all

• Totem
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Rock Elemental
    • Actions
      • Unit - Make (Summoned unit) Vulnerable
I think that you should use trigger instead

Level 20
What's the problem? You create a totem with the skill, also create the summon at the same place, and periodically check if the distance between your totem position and your golem position is greater than your distance limit. If it's, destroy both, if it isn't, do nothing :)

Level 33
You will also check its timer (duration of spell) and position simultaneously, it's a big trigger I think.

Also you must check the spell still channeled or not, it's kind of hard work :)

But if he's willing, that's not a problem then

Fud

Fud

Level 3
the issue is that there is a corrupted file or something that prevents me from opening any of my maps that contain any triggers edited by me.

I can actually open triggers saved on non expansion maps so any triggers i can save as a ROC map i can apparently use.

Last edited:
Level 11
The "Tornado" ability automatically makes the summoned unit invulnerable. There's no way to make a channeled ability that summons a unit like this without triggers.

If, however, your only requirement is that the summoning totem is ALIVE, and the summoned unit is IN RANGE, you could do it like this:

Make the summoned unit have negative health regeneration (you have to check "Allow negative real values in the object editor" in File -> Preferences).

Give the summoning unit an ability based on the Fountain of Life's Life Regeneration Aura. Set the life regenerated equal to the negative regeneration of your summoned unit, and the range equal to how far you want the summoned unit to be able to go. Also, make the summoned unit targeted as an "Ancient" and have the regeneration aura only effect ancients, so that it won't heal other units (just make sure no other unit is targeted as an ancient).

Then, just base the summoning ability off of any normal summoning ability (not Tornado).

The end result is your summoned unit loses health when it wanders out of its allowed range. It's sloppy, but it's the best you'll be able to do without triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.