• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Torch Prop not Restricted to Grid? Destructible Like \this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I can't figure out why it is this way but the Torch prop doesn't move in grid-like increments like most all of the other props in the game. I compared it to a prop I know follows grid but there doesn't seem to be an editor setting for it.
I want to make a Destructible that can be placed like the Torch prop can be, but I can't figure out why it is placed like it is and not others. If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be grand.

Level 6
Just give your destructible the Pathing of the Torch, which is Mushrooms <Base>.

That didn't work, the destructible still moves according to grid-like increments. I don't think the pathing is it because the Skull prop also uses the Mushroom base but doesn't move the way the torch does. I compared the torch value by value to a 'restricted movement' or whatever you want to call it prop and there were no differences at all save for some scaling stuff which I doubt is it, which is highly confusing since something has to control this property of a prop.

Level 6
The "Skull" prop moves freely, exactly like you want it to. I don't get it why it doesn't work for you. Are you speaking of a different doodad? Even the Skull pile, of which the placement is also restricted on grid, I gave it the Mushroom <Base> pathing and I was then capable of placing it wherever I wanted.

Weird, its not working for me. I have a copied crate destructible with the mushroom pathing from the torch and it only moves along the grid increments for me. Maybe destructibles just can't not be on the grid?
In any case if I can't get the actual destructible to work I am considering using an immovable unit that has uses a prop model and drops the item tables I want, I guess that could act as a fake destructible that could be placed freely. since units don't use the pathing. I'm just worried about using them extensively causing problems that real destructibles wouldn't.

Level 6
Oh, well apparently, this rule is not applied on destructibles. :/

Dang, I know right? Neutral Passive Prop units it is then! I don't usually have a ton of units like this, are there limits I should consider or lag problems and the like I might encounter?

Level 6
Alright then. I'll try to mix and match units/destructibles where they look the way I want and still sit on the grid. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.