• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How to use doodledads/props for unit models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Simple question I just can't seem to find the answer to.

I've seen countless custom maps successfully use non-destructible prop doodledads for custom units/buildings. The problem is, whenever I replace any unit or destructible model with a prop, upon death the prop model will remain forever.

What would be the easiest way to successfully implement prop models for units, buildings, or destructibles?
ads.png

Level 5
The reason that it doesn't disappear has to do with "decay animations". A Footman i.e. isn't removed from the game when he dies. Instead his decay animation is played (first the 'decay flesh' then 'decay bones'. The unit actually still exists in the map for as long as the decay lasts (something like 80 seconds is default).

So your problem is that, your tree stump is actually decaying - but wait! It has no decay animation?! Then it basically just sits there.

Solution: go into the unit object in the editor -> Change the 'Combat - Death Type' to 'Can't raise, does not decay' and change the 'Art -Death Time (Seconds)' to 0.1 second (the lowest it can go).

Ran a quick test, and it should work, so let me know if it doesn't for you :)

Level 5
Can see that you've replied but can't see your reply :) Don't forget to mark it as solved if this solved it! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.