1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Results have come out of the old ARENA oven. Check out who won the 30th Texturing Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey guys, we've posted the Results for the 30th Modeling Contest. Check them out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Tool: make WEU maps openable WE

Discussion in 'Warcraft Editing Tools' started by GhostWolf, Jun 3, 2018.

1. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What do you mean by pick up? I am not aware of anything blatantly missing. If you have an example of something that it can't handle, don't hesitate to upload it.

2. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry for the late reply. What I meant by my statement was I assumed you were dropping it in the sense that if I ever encountered any triggers that were foreign to your tool, I should not bother posting them.
    I would be happy to post anything that it cannot convert (of course it will only be GUI, I won't mention the jass functions).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  3. Tamplier777

Tamplier777

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I tired this tool and it is awesome. There was some issues with converting (gui action from WEU have been failing during converting - and I replaced them with custom script, which call WEU functions for actions).
    But. Still when I load map in editor of WE 1.29 - I got compile error for maps which have WEU additional functions

for example

Line 9104 :function TributeGold takes player Commander, player Comp, integer res_amount returns nothing

Line 9277 :function Commander takes nothing returns nothing

Is there any idea how to solve this? I tried to use WEX of the sharpcraft - but failed to open it. It cannot find war3.mpq
    WEXCrash.jpg

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    And the error associated with these? Looks like a run of the mill syntax error...

5. ImmortaL_GoD

ImmortaL_GoD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very strange, my map isn't opening and the error being given is "trigger data missing or invalid". The odd thing is, it's almost identical to my other maps as in it was created around the same time and those were opened fine here: Opening a Map that was used with UMSWE

I attached the map below, both the normal and ones ran through the tool. I also provided the exact information given when using the tool. Does anyone have any idea why it wouldn't be opening this particular one correctly? Thanks.

Attached Files:

6. 13est

13est

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, I get the message:

Loading Element TD 4.3b_UnlockedWithJassNewGenPack5d.w3x...
    Checking
    Failed to read the triggers file: Error: Tried to get signature for unknown function " "
    Did nothing due to errors

Element TD broke with 1.31, and I'm trying to update it. This version should be an unlocked version, it's normally opened with NewGen editor but I can't open newGen editor either.
    Any help would be helpfull!
    // Twilice

Attached Files:

7. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If it can be opened in NewGen, 1.30 should be able to read it perfectly. Someone with 1.30 would be able to clarify if it's even necessary for converting in the first place.

8. 13est

13est

Resources:
    Resources:
    So I managed to open everything, including the map with 1.26. There was a small compile error that needed to be fixed before I could play it in 1.26 after a save.

I suspect there are some UMSWE functions need to be removed/rewritten to make it work for 1.31, but I have no clue where to even begin, since I can't really tell the extensions apart and I don't really know what is UMSWE only and not. And then finally the issue of what actually are the functions that are not working.

9. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you are not familiar with what trigger data is non-standard WE trigger data, then maybe the only way to convert your map is to start by deleting half the triggers, then putting it back through ghost wolf's tool. If it works, it means the troublesome trigger data is in the other half of the triggers. If not, it means the remaining triggers contain the troublesome trigger data. Just rinse and repeat multiple times until you can identify which triggers are causing the tool to not work, then you can narrow down the problem easier.

10. 13est

13est

Resources:
    Resources:
    It seems that the preview image and the loadingscreen is causing the instant crashes. And the triggers are making it not openable in the editor. I'll probably try your suggestion if I ever want to be able to open it with worldedit 1.31

It's weird with the images though, they exported just fine. But it's instantly crashing in worldedit 1.26, 1.31 and wc3.exe 1.31. I can't see anything wrong with them. And they look normal in wc3.exe 1.26

11. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Even though your map may currently be playable now despite using a third party editor, it is likely that with later patches issues might pop up. If you can open it on the normal editor and save it without it crashing, then it is likely it will always be compatible with future versions (at least, blizzard is trying to commit to that).