1. The long-awaited results for Concept Art Contest #11 have finally been released!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join Texturing Contest #30 now in a legendary battle of mythological creatures!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hivers united and created a bunch of 2v2 melee maps. Vote for the best in our Melee Mapping Contest #4 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Tool: make WEU maps openable WE

Discussion in 'Warcraft Editing Tools' started by GhostWolf, Jun 3, 2018.

1. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What do you mean by pick up? I am not aware of anything blatantly missing. If you have an example of something that it can't handle, don't hesitate to upload it.

2. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry for the late reply. What I meant by my statement was I assumed you were dropping it in the sense that if I ever encountered any triggers that were foreign to your tool, I should not bother posting them.
    I would be happy to post anything that it cannot convert (of course it will only be GUI, I won't mention the jass functions).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  3. Tamplier777

Tamplier777

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I tired this tool and it is awesome. There was some issues with converting (gui action from WEU have been failing during converting - and I replaced them with custom script, which call WEU functions for actions).
    But. Still when I load map in editor of WE 1.29 - I got compile error for maps which have WEU additional functions

for example

Line 9104 :function TributeGold takes player Commander, player Comp, integer res_amount returns nothing

Line 9277 :function Commander takes nothing returns nothing

Is there any idea how to solve this? I tried to use WEX of the sharpcraft - but failed to open it. It cannot find war3.mpq
    WEXCrash.jpg

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    And the error associated with these? Looks like a run of the mill syntax error...

5. ImmortaL_GoD

ImmortaL_GoD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very strange, my map isn't opening and the error being given is "trigger data missing or invalid". The odd thing is, it's almost identical to my other maps as in it was created around the same time and those were opened fine here: Opening a Map that was used with UMSWE

I attached the map below, both the normal and ones ran through the tool. I also provided the exact information given when using the tool. Does anyone have any idea why it wouldn't be opening this particular one correctly? Thanks.

Attached Files: