• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tomatoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey people!
I just made a tomatoo with GIMP.
I'm a starter so I know it sucks.
Just tell me your opinion and stuff like thut.
attachment.php

Moar More Moar More Updated Version with a bit of Orange colour and moar more colour blending and moar more better green parts.

Attachments

• Tomatoo.png
    Tomatoo.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Level 30
This needs more shine into it and also remove those black spots in the tomato if you will notice. Also in real life a tomato is not really red but with a combination of orange red and such.... I suggest base it in real life.

But overall, this looks decent, +4 REP!

Level 14
Oh no.
I didn't saved the tomatoo with the layers so I can't edit the last background layer because it does not exist.
The only thing I can do it to erase the black background and save it instead of exporting it.
But when I erase it it looks like th etomatoo is 100xagon........
Anyway thanks for the feedback :D

Edit:
Just found my tomatoo.
Looks as a real tomato and not as a tomatoo:
tomato.jpg

Ehrmagert, I actually read most of the comments here.
Excuse me for a moment...

I3lackDeath grabs a bucket and vomits.

DESTROYER123, we have awesome 2D Art tutorials in our Tutorials section...
Ever cared to check out that section?

Shiik's shading tutorial is the most vital in your case.
Now, even though the other tutorials are for Icon Creation, they show great techniques you don't want to miss out on.
Using a single glance of a second or two, I can tell ya that the first and most important thing your tomato needs, is shading. It looks flat like Mario on a Gameboy (first generation).

Ergo, the first thing you have to learn is how to shade properly.
Once you have done that, you can think about the next steps (such as details, polishing everything etc.).

Level 14
Ehrmagert, I actually read most of the comments here.
Excuse me for a moment...

I3lackDeath grabs a bucket and vomits.

XD

Anyway.
I have checked some tutorials about how to make the tomato while following comments.
About shading it's a bit hard to make cuz I have exported it while not saving it.
All layers gone.

But I'll try it in the next thing I'll make maybe a potatato or a bananana.

+rep:goblin_yeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.