• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tobacco_Plant

Simple decoration doodad. The world-famous tobacco plant, Nicotiana tabacum.
A bit about the plant:
Name: Tobacco, tobacco-plant
Botanic name: Nicotiana tabacum.
Family: Solanaceae (Nightshade plants)
A very well known and strongly addictive plant originating from the New World (America). The first Europeans who encountered with this plant were the ones in the crew of Christoph Columbus, the discoverer of the New World. They first saw it in Cuba, but had no idea what it was for at that time. Native Americans used to smoke it for several reasons: for religious rites, enjoyment, sometimes against sicknesses and on many other occasions (like the so-called ''Pipe of Peace''). Today it has many millions of people that are addicted to it. Growing tobacco is considerably not realy hard, but mostly made in Southern countries. No other plant has caused more deaths or has had so many addicts as this one. It's by far the plant that has costed the biggest number of human lives. It's main toxine is called Nicotine. It's categorized as a psycho-active poison and it can easily kill in large doses. Smokers are by the way more resistant to it. Today it's consumed in many forms: smoking (the most popular methode, which even i am addicted to :p), snorting and chewing. Although chewing is for me the worst way to consume it, due to the awfull taste. Untreated tobacco leaves along with along with all other parts of the plant (except the seeds) have a very bitter, even disgusting taste.
Feel free to use and edit it! ENJOY!

EDIT: ground patch removed!
2nd Update: Now uses the animations from the Warcraft 3 ingame trees including: Birth, Stand, Stand hit and death. Guess it's better with them. Now it can also be used for more purposes (like destructible).

Keywords:
tobacco plant, nightshade family, nicotiana tabaccum, Virginia tobacco, Cuban tobacco, smoking, cigarette, cigar, pipe, hookah
Contents

Tobacco_Plant (Model)

Reviews
16:26, 26th May 2011 anarchianbedlam: that square patch of grass doesnt look good. otherwise the model is "meh" EDIT: well it works ingame and might be useful. I guess that's good enough.

M

16:26, 26th May 2011
anarchianbedlam: that square patch of grass doesnt look good. otherwise the model is "meh"

EDIT: well it works ingame and might be useful. I guess that's good enough.

Level 3
Looks genuine to me. The Tauren people will be most grateful! (The Death Knights might, too. Listen to their voices! They sound like folks who would love a good smoke.) The perfectly-square base looks a bit odd. Because of that, the model only fits in with its enviorment if you sink it slightly underground or place it in thick grass.

And of course, animations would always be nice. Perhaps a "birth" animation (which would just be it rising up out of the ground) for farming maps?

I smoking ganja instead of tabbaco ^^

Good to know there are people out there like me... I'm sick of seeing idiots who smoke tobacco. Even people I know who do smoke weed like me still smoke tobacco. I keep trying to tell them, there's no point in smoking cigarettes, it's just killing them from the inside out without even giving any good feeling. And they're addictive, unlike weed.

Back to the topic, this really doesn't look like tobacco at all. Do it right, for all the smoking units on Warcraft. While you're at it, make some weed plants too, for the trolls and druids.

Good to know there are people out there like me... I'm sick of seeing idiots who smoke tobacco. Even people I know who do smoke weed like me still smoke tobacco. I keep trying to tell them, there's no point in smoking cigarettes, it's just killing them from the inside out without even giving any good feeling. And they're addictive, unlike weed.

Back to the topic, this really doesn't look like tobacco at all. Do it right, for all the smoking units on Warcraft. While you're at it, make some weed plants too, for the trolls and druids.

i don't think weed plant models are welcome to the mods :vw_sad: drugs r actually not allowed on THW, so uploading such a model isn't the best idea if u ask me. although i must say that i would like such a plant too :goblin_good_job:

Weed isn't an awful drug; it's an important part of many cultures, and it really does not have the issues of the drugs people compare it to. Now, if I were to see cocaine on THW, that wouldn't quite fit, as 1: Cocaine wouldn't really fit into war3 and 2: Cocaine is... well, I shouldn't even have to explain.
But we all know we could picture some troll witchdoctors and druids smoking some weed in pipes.

Weed isn't an awful drug; it's an important part of many cultures, and it really does not have the issues of the drugs people compare it to. Now, if I were to see cocaine on THW, that wouldn't quite fit, as 1: Cocaine wouldn't really fit into war3 and 2: Cocaine is... well, I shouldn't even have to explain.
But we all know we could picture some troll witchdoctors and druids smoking some weed in pipes.

well making a cocaine model (about the dust) rly is a bad idea..... cocaine plant model(s) on the other hand could be useful for persons that want to make a map/campaign about the War on Drugs. But i wouldn't make such a model and map anyway..... and yeah you are right about the weed. The pity is that the consumption of weed is (usually) illegal, while consuming more dangerous plants (like Henbane or Jimsonweed) for psychoactive experiences is legal, and those plants cause 10times the damage of weed. Besides that an overdose is easily reached and mostly followed by either fatalities or permanent health damage

EDIT: i got a weed-plant model, not a very IMBA one, but i think it's o.k. I am just waiting for an answer from the mods of wether it should be uploaded or not.

Last edited: