• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Titan & Z3's VDnD

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This version of VDnD is highly expirimental. It can be played but I don't recommend it over GP. It has the same features as VDnD plus a few extra. Consider it an Alpha play map.

It's got a few bugs, some of which I can fix, some which I have no idea why they're triggering.

At present I'm working on VDnD GP. My current project for it is to learn how to make MUI Spells. (Means spells that can be cast by more than one hero without bugging) Then I'll move on to adding Mini-DM capabilities to Red and Yellow.

Adding mini DM capabilities will allow players Red and Yellow to be either computer, or human. This will make red and yellow available as helping hands for the DMs, allowing the DMs to create things quickily, RP main characters, and have fun, while Red and Yellow can do the micro-managing that DMs had to do in the past.

I'm also gonna find a good play animation feature, play special effects feature, and see if I can't fix a few other things.

Keywords:
Titanhex, Zoom, VDnD
Contents

Titan & Z3's VDnD (Map)

Reviews
23:02, 5th Aug 2009 Linaze: Does not work with the latest patch.

M

23:02, 5th Aug 2009
Linaze: Does not work with the latest patch.

Level 7
It reminds me of Battleships :grin:
Nice map anyway, got good atmosphere and i liked the style. Good job and i hope you like your work because its incredible well done.

Level 3
Odd. It works for me (Probably cause I DLed it in Bnet from Titanhex)
But if it works for you, players CAN be Allies and Enemies. But DM still has control over you to ensure you don't fool around like an idiot.

Level 2
This IS the working version, its just that there was some error when uploaded to Hive workshop. So if you want the map, contact Me(Zoom_Zoom_Zoom.) Titanhex (Titanhex) or Shadoe(Kaboom44) we are all on USWest, except me and Titan sometimes go on East.

Well. I am on Northrend. It shouldn't be to hard to just "Reupload" the Map? :thumbs_up:

Level 13
Yo, all. Got it reuploaded. Hive didn't have me subscribed to this forum for some reason, so I had no idea. MiniMacker on USWest told me about it.

I have two other people also working on new terrain, mainly because they weren't happy with the present. So expect a few other terrains of VDnD.

Right now I've returned to VDnD GP to enhance the quality. I'm working on MUI spells at the moment. Soon I'll implement new features. Add the mini-DM capabilities to NPCs, and implement a unlockable camera.

Level 13
Hmmm, may need to remake the whole terrain I'm thinking. This was a good alpha, trully. Taught me what is important in VDnD Terrain.

I know now that I need a perfect square for the DM area, and that the current DM area is a bit too big. Also we have to designate a proper training area somewhere on the map. The idea of the training area being limbo is a good idea. Not to mention cutting back heavily on doodads is necessary. For both loading and size purposes as well as modification purposes.

Setting up the varying tiles to create as many themes as possible seems like a must.

But most importantly is the layout of the terrain. It won't be as effective in this form. It should be segmented into square sections much like Vuen's D&D is. Each segment can have varying land formations. As well, land markers aren't a bad idea to make some themes stand out more.

Because of this, I have to go with a 480x480 map, to ensure that the multitude of themes are heavily enforced. I mean Vuen's DnD was max map size for that time. And that only had 3 themes to it. This has to go beyond that, especially considering the extra tiles we can have, so lets make it happen.

How does that sound?

Level 13
Yeah, I don't mind that either. Was originally thinking of doing it that way originally.

However, at present I'd like to do, or at least attempt, both. A multitude of different themes as a package, and then an extension of the original. By extension I mean a map with all the themes on it, in the same manner as the original.

Of course, you can't have an underwater theme and still maintain the maps ambience. So, multiple themes is necessary.

Level 3
Zoom, your making Icecrown? Sweet, My favorite terrain of RPs are Ice.
I believe the Barrens/Desert areas (In General) Are...Dull.
I see enough grasslands in my life, I don't need to RP there to. :p