• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TImer help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i need a timer system; that will work like hero war ( start 1st timer, it done show the second timer ; second done do some action; during action will be a timer as a limit time for player to do the action-if it finish the player will lost or do some thing else- after the action limit timer done restart the cycle + 1st timer...)
i try and some timer didn't work i got like 4 timer and only one work. timer that i use to show play can't be expired weird.
please help me in GUI thank will have rep for any one with useful help:wink:

Level 3
You got to explain your game a bit better! I think I know somewhat of what you want, though i have never played hero wars. Here is what i came up with.

TRIGGER: TIMER 1 AND 2
  • Events
    • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Countdown Timer - Start Timer1 as a One-shot timer that will expire in 15.00 seconds
    • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Timer1 with title Timer1
    • Wait 15.00 game-time seconds
    • Countdown Timer - Start Timer2 as a One-shot timer that will expire in 10.00 seconds
    • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for (Expiring timer) with title Timer2
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
TRIGGER: TIMER WITH QUEST
  • Events
    • Time - Timer2 expires
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Kill The Mongoose with the description Kill the deadly mon..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
    • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: Kill the mongoose b...
    • Countdown Timer - Start TimerWithAction as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds
TRIGGER: QUEST FAILED
  • Events
    • Time - TimerWithAction expires
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)
    • Quest - Mark (Last created quest) as Failed
    • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Failed message: You failed to kill ...
TRIGGER: QUEST COMPLETED
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Mongoose
  • Actions
    • Quest - Mark (Last created quest) as Completed
    • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Completed message: Congratulations, yo...
    • Trigger - Turn on Timers 1 and 2 <gen>
Hopefully this solves your problem.. Oh and use them variables for the timers!! Otherwise it just won't work. I didn't test this yet, but i am certain it works, just adjust it to how you want it to work for your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.