• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Time Warp (AoS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ya, its another AoS. Thats probably what you thought when you read the title. But I hope to make this a special type of AoS.

Basics:
Map Size- 224 by 224
Name- Time Warp (may change)
Players- 10 (5v5)
Tileset- Northrend

Advanced:
Concept- 1.There are 2 playable sides and 1 neutral side (will have something special involving neutral)
2. The two sides are totally different. One side plays as the Modern Forces while the other plays as the Forces of the Past (these are not there permanent names)
3. Cover counts! Cover will be involved, giving players bonuses to stuff. (if i can find a tutorial to help me with this..)
4. There will be a game option that makes it so every 30 minutes players switch teams (unless a certain spot in the defense has been broken through)
5. Might add quests to do...... might do that
6. There are "artillery" units that randomly fire around the map)
7. The neutral faction controls certain key points (artillery mounds, spawners, siege shop, ect.) These neutral bases can be "bribed (if i can figure out how to do that) or taken from by force.
8. If you capture a base you are given the option to either destroy it or keep it for your own evil purposes
9. You don't start with any bases.... Thats right you read that correctly, No Bases. Each person starts out with his/her hero and they have to go around collecting bases. You have about 3 minutes to do that.
10. Graveyards are key. If you control a grave yard you are revived instantly, but if you don't control one you have to wait 1 minute to respawn.
I hope these things are original

Factions:

Modern Forces: They have medium attack and high health. They use Flack Canons to bombard enemy position's. They spawn few man.
Heroes: Marine, Sniper, Grenadier, and Commander (more will come later....)

Forces of the Past: They come in great numbers, but there health is limited, they have a pretty decent attack. There catapults rain down hell
Heroes: Paladin (what map doesn't have 1 :thumbs_up:), Bezerker, Warlock, Knight (more will come....)

Thats really all i could think of...... Please leave feed back. (whether you think its dumb, or its cool, or if you want to help)

Last edited:
Level 9
okay im going to give you my concept-designer-qualification input on this one:

i like the very basic idea, tough the red line of the overall features is either very unclear to me or it lacks several aspects.

if you think the first is the case, elaborate further.

if the latter is the case read on...

1. i think you should first decide wether you want the map to be mostly a fun, entertaining multiplayer experience or a map for a higher, and more dedicate and serious level of playing with potential for a map league.

dont try to combine features from wich both "audiences" would benefit.

if you are aiming for the first example, then i love the random-shooting-artillary idea. it can be alot of fun and somewhat of a suspence-and-tension factor, as long as it done in a visually appealing way (for example projectiles visibly flying in a low arc over the map until blowing in a huge boom at the random area, shaking everyones cams and flashing the screen). i also like the quest idea. although, to increase replayability, i would create a system that gives each side (north force and south force) a randomly selected quest every X minutes. that would make the game very interesting.

those quests could be interdependant. for example north force has to destroy the aircraft that just crash landed on spot X, whereas south force has to get to it first and get item X. the outcome of the quest could then influence the amount of creeps spawned or simply give cash to the winners.

regarding the terrain, for a fun and entertaining game a graphically appealing terrain full of variation and doodads and burning houses and trench-war feel would be very nice.

if you are aiming for a more professional kind of map, the terrain should be first of all balanced, not too overdoodaded, overseeable, and not confusing. the quest thing would also have to be changed if it should be implemented in a professional map, and the idea of having artillary randomly bombard the map would totally neglect any high level gaming on the map.

i am a professional concept designer and i would be glad to further help you in the theoretical development process of your map, since as i mentioned, the basic idea of having two totally different kinds of forces (medieval vs modern) sounds very fresh to me and i think it has huge potential. by the way the mere idea of having two fundamentally different kinds of forces would make it incredibly hard to balance, pretty much disallowing any super-serious-pro-level-play on the map.

good luck

Level 6
ty, for the comment. Im a really bad terrainer, i mean really bad. But in the game there are no set bases, you don't start with any, i have that worked out. Ya this will take a while to develop, but id love it if you would help me out. Also it's northrend tileset.... I'll probaly divide it into sectors (village sector, frontlines, burial grounds, Costline, ect.) the most helpful thing right now would be a terrainer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.