• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yays for Aos's --- Advice wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well I just wanna create an awesome aos map that isn't all about hero ganking.

huhvd.jpg

The Lanes
The Lanes are not supposed to be exactly symmetrical but generally the same. The only thing I want is to have the creeps meet at the middle when they are sent from both bases. I want them to be a bit crooked because I dont want the perfectionist feel that many aos's have.
Killing a Hero
When you kill a hero you get a Badge of ______. This badge can be used to upgrade troops or maybe to upgrade your items.
Morale System
I want to include a morale system. This morale system will increase all units damage by xx%. Morale drops with the closer the enemy is to the base and vice virsa. Also, by killing either bosses, you and your allies gain a morale increase.
Neutral Help
There will be a neutral hero fighting creeps at any given time. If you save him, he will promise to help your creep lanes. These heroes are random though and not strong at all, a bit stronger than the average unit.
Bosses
The Bosses, when left un-attacked, will do some random stuff. Things they might do are to disrupt the playing by blocking off a certain route or launch assaults with their minions on your base.
Weather System
There will be a weather system so it affects the units fighting. Try to plan your attacks around the weather to gain advantages while pushing.
The Bases Defense
In each base, there are archers by the king, who must be killed to win. The archers will be shooting into the sky and a shadowed arrow will appear above a certain place, if so, a few seconds later the arrow will hit and do aoe damage. So get out of the way!
I left man-able siege as a ? because I don't know if I should add it or it would be too much.

Please tell me what you think and suggest ideas to improve the game!

Level 8

Creating an awesome AOS can be a difficult task, there is simply so many bad aos out there, and some few really good ones. (Age of Myths) I like your ideas, the higher amount of ways to attack the enemy, withouth really attacking them is always nice, like building sieges engines and killing bosses, (hopefully other things too) Weather systems and morale can be nice, but beware trying to put too many things into an alpha map, you can easily grew bored of it. Then it is better to put more stuff into newer versions. ALWAYS remember to include the ability to raise hordes of undeads and possibility to kill lots of hippie elfs for maniacs like me.
Good luck in making your map, i will look forward for its release.

Status
Not open for further replies.