• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tile Materials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want to take my texture and tile it 10 times in both directions, so I set tile on, and set the tiling field to 10.0 However it seems Warcraft III does not allow that. Is there a way around this? Tiling the texture in photoshop is not an option.

Level 5
You misunderstand. The UVWmap can be tiled, but the material itself cannot it seems. Attached is a screenshot of the material editor displaying what I am refering to.

untitled4ao.jpg

Level 5
The issue is that I have two layers, the Path texture, and the Grass texture. The Grass texture has high-detail grass on it, by tilling that texture, the effect is high-res grass in War3. It's very nice looking in-game, however, as you cannot give 1 object 2 UVmaps, I cannot do this as hoped.

The solution I discovered was creating the object twice, giving one of them the Path texture, and the other the Grass texture. As such I could enlarge to UVmap to tile the texture as needed. Thanks for the assistance.

Level 5
Okay I'll explain more simply;

I want to TILE a texture 100 times over a MESH. I Also want another texture OVER the 100 TILED texture, that new texture should NOT be tiled at all. Now 1 MESH cannot have 2 UVMAPS so how could I tile the texture for the Grass and not tile it for the Path?

As I said the solution is 2 objects, one right on top of the other.

Level 5
It is not a bad idea, it works just fine. It allows me to add high detail terrain, cliffs, caves, buildings and more. This allows me to recreate a nearly identical clone of any terrain of any location. For example I have recreated Blood Gulch from Halo; however this technique could be used for anything, from the Boonta Classic podrace terrain to a college campus. Once this is released, War3 terraining will have an entirely new aspect. 100% modeled terrain.

Level 5
I can use 3dsMAX quite well; and there is far greater fredom of modification is MAX than there is in War3. I can make a high cliff with a very detailed texture in 2 seconds, whereas with default War3 I would need to use WEU and raise ground, which elongates the texture and looks like crap. Quality is a lot better this way. I feel far more fluent with MAX than with default WE terraining.

Status
Not open for further replies.