• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tiered Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I think this is the first tiered waterfall I have ever seen. No one seems to use them, so I thought I'd show it off.

Attachments

• Waterfall.PNG
    Waterfall.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 243
Level 21
I personally start to like no imports more and more... They're the way to go for playable terrains, and most of the models in the UTM for some reason don't go well together. IMO most of those models don't look good when mixed, and look boring when massed... Well, not all ofcourse, some terrains really look a lot better, but the problem I have with the UTM is that I always resort to the same 2 or 3 trees and the same 2 or 3 miscellaneous doodads and then mass light and fog effects...

Level 6
the upper tiers look like theyre splashing onto nothing, maybe add some rocks jutting out for them to splash onto. or variate the altitudes of the bases of the upper tiers so that they white-splash-fog doesn't will look more like a natural feature of the waterfall rather than some aligned thing caused by somethng that doesn't exust.

Level 34
My waterfall terrain was tiered D:
Damn, well screw this thread.

Edit: Oh and btw guys this was for a playable map, and it doesn't even look like this anymore. I wanted to see if you could make multiple levels of water in a map without using the ramp tool. After making it I decided to show you guys, then I thought it was too ugly, so I took a few minutes to spice it up.

Edit 2: Which terrain were you talking about Void?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.