• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Yet another waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Not too bad... it's an improvement though.
GOOD:
A decent amount of trees. Not too many, not too little... pretty much just right! The backround hills and trees keeps the shot from being boring and stuck on one little isle with a waterfall :) Sky also went well IMO with the shot because of the water...[Last picture]
BAD:
Terrain Variation isn't great; Should've added grass or grassy-dirt near trees. Waterfall can definatley be improved by adding maybe rocks at the bottom or maybe even coming out of it. The fact that the water from the waterfall is coming out of nowhere isn't too cool looking either. Fog is bad. I'd suggest light-blue or maybe dark-blue, something around there. The trees in the background should've been smaller to make it look like the hills are miles away and make them smaller and compact together making the hills look like they're covered in forests. The river rushes don't blend at all with the waterfall or the terrain either.
Not much to show really. Maybe add more than a couple islands and a waterfall?
Overall: 4.5/10

Level 35
Not too bad... it's an improvement though.
GOOD:
A decent amount of trees. Not too many, not too little... pretty much just right! The backround hills and trees keeps the shot from being boring and stuck on one little isle with a waterfall :) Sky also went well IMO with the shot because of the water...[Last picture]
BAD:
Terrain Variation isn't great; Should've added grass or grassy-dirt near trees. Waterfall can definatley be improved by adding maybe rocks at the bottom or maybe even coming out of it. The fact that the water from the waterfall is coming out of nowhere isn't too cool looking either. Fog is bad. I'd suggest light-blue or maybe dark-blue, something around there. The trees in the background should've been smaller to make it look like the hills are miles away and make them smaller and compact together making the hills look like they're covered in forests. The river rushes don't blend at all with the waterfall or the terrain either.
Not much to show really. Maybe add more than a couple islands and a waterfall?
Overall: 4.5/10

Thx i will improve the things you said, but I tryid making the trees smaller in background, but you may not notice course you, as I see it, havent seen that the last two pics shows the waterfalls beginning, here you got where the water came from, i think I host a pic that shows all of the waterfall. And some improved ones too. :)

(Edit: added the new pics to the other)

Last edited:
Level 25
Much better! I don't have time ATM to critique on this yet, but here's a new rating: 6.5/10.0
I don't know... looks good, but I think it'd look alot better if where the waterfall was coming from was not just from far-far away where we cannot see. I think the waterfall should be coming from (don't change the river though) an island, and the island ends where the waterfall pours out into the ocean. That'd earn you a 7.0/10.0 and if it looks really good, maybe higher :)

Level 35
Much better! I don't have time ATM to critique on this yet, but here's a new rating: 6.5/10.0
I don't know... looks good, but I think it'd look alot better if where the waterfall was coming from was not just from far-far away where we cannot see. I think the waterfall should be coming from (don't change the river though) an island, and the island ends where the waterfall pours out into the ocean. That'd earn you a 7.0/10.0 and if it looks really good, maybe higher :)

again and again, I can say it, the water is coming from the ocean! Look at pic, that with the sea grass. It is not coming far far away from...... But anyway thx. And yes that thing about making the trees smaller i cant, course this pic is a little screenshot of a map I am making , so very small trees will look stupid.^^

Level 27
How the hell did you make the water on the other side be higher the ending of the waterfall without having a cliff there? or is this just an illusion? you made those waterfalls all at the same hight? yeah i know its a strange question but its also strange none of you did notice??

Level 35
How the hell did you make the water on the other side be higher the ending of the waterfall without having a cliff there? or is this just an illusion? you made those waterfalls all at the same hight? yeah i know its a strange question but its also strange none of you did notice??

It is not a strange question, Actualy I am very greatfull that you asked, and it also shows that you understand what the pics shows, (where the water came from). It is made with differnt height, but it is an illusion like you said.

The pics shows how I made it:

Attachments

• Pic of ide1.JPG
    Pic of ide1.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 124
Level 27
HA! i knew it, but i still dont get it .. can you not just attach the map to your post? ..

EDIT - Oh now just wait a minute ... as first you created the left and right side placed trees on the and raised them then put the waterfall thingies in the mid and raise the ones that where on the back with CTRL+Page up/down? am i right?

Level 35
HA! i knew it, but i still dont get it .. can you not just attach the map to your post? ..

EDIT - Oh now just wait a minute ... as first you created the left and right side placed trees on the and raised them then put the waterfall thingies in the mid and raise the ones that where on the back with CTRL+Page up/down? am i right?

No I not going to add the map to this tread, course it is a part of my campaign. And yes I did use that, but mostly used a raise of terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.