• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW record book?

Should there be a THW record book and how often should it be updated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
So I was just wondering here, but maybe we at THW should make some kinda like record book of our own (Just like the Guiness one)? you know, a thread where you can find out who our most active user, who has the most posts/approved maps/rep/uploaded resources/posts in one day and whatever. Its just in my oppinion, all those "Most users ever online" and others allways make people currious so why not to provide them more intresting facts about THW?

Dear moderators, if this is a stupid eough for you thread and you will want to delete it, please forgive me for such an idiotical idea.

Level 8
i think there could be a few records
Example
Records
Most +Rep in one day
Most -Rep in one day
Most Awards
Most Maps
Most Skins
Most Models
Most Spells
Most Friends
Most Tools
Most Icons
Most Posts
Most Hours logged in on a day
Longest Time On the hive(as in hours)
Most PM send
Most Visitor messages
Best avatar
Best Signature
Best Map (From map of the year are candidates)
I can go on for a few more....maybe lol:xxd:

Level 34
Well, my argument is that, well, people are usually curious about all those postcounts/usercounts/whatevercounts, so why not give them the record book to take a look at? And, well, can I ask you a rethorical question: Why there is a Guiness record book?!

I don't think people will be eager enough to scroll through a 6 billion long list which contains thousands of different ranking systems (like length or able to build the highest card pyramid etc). Plus I didn't even yet start about updating the lot.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

If this was an actual real life community where people came together and did stuff, then perhaps a book of achievements could be a plausible idea, but this is a forum community, and it would be an utterly useless feature considering most of what you would be recording is already monitored by the forum.

Level 27
Well yes, but my idea was more of motivating people to achieve something good, not with all those ridiculous records capt. Znack mentioned. You know, more something good, like "Most rated +5 resources/maps", "Moderator who revieved most resources" and soething like that.
Well, as I see, there are people who are against and for this idea. So there are the pros and cons of it:
Pros:
-It can motivate people at THW to do more great things for the community.
-Many curious people enjoy all these statistics.
Cons:
-We're not a type of community who needs it.
-This would add even more work to poor mods who already have too much things to do.
-We can find highest repcount/postcount without this. (Altough it might take some more time)

Status
Not open for further replies.