• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thunder clap doesnt slow movement enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi im trying to make a AOE spells based on thunder clap... the problem is that when i set the data - Movement Speed Reduction w/e value i input its not slow enough... i want a slow effect that would make the target Movement speed to 1... so they barely can move

Same with Attack Speed Factor:confused:

Is there any kind of Trigger to make it happen???

Level 21
War Stomp is way more powerful than the Thunder Clap, but yeah like the above poster said.

Just increase the damage it does.

Level 22
You probably need to reduce the Movement - Unit Speed - Minimum value in Gameplay Constants. It defaults to 150, so you'll need to decrease it to 1 if you want any spell to be able to slow a unit's movement speed that low.

Not necessary. Because you're not actually reducing their movement speed, you're only slowing them down. The base movement speed is still the same.

Level 30
Be careful with one thing:
Thunder Clap(s) posses a high terrain deformation upon casting. When you try to set TC's Area of Effect to a very high value, Warcraft can crash because of enormous terrain deformations. If you want to avoid terrain deformations, use a triggered ability with ,,Human - Sorceress - Slow". Special effects are at your disposal, values too, and if you need trigger or you don't know how to do one, just tell me and I will help you. Also, remember to clear the leaks!

Level 8
Meh, just use War Stomp and edit art :p
If you need the terrain deformation you can even trigger it. Or the inverse, trigger the Thunder Clap damage.

Level 2
Well for the crash.. my thunder clap does have a custom model for the effect.
I also tried 0.99 and they were still moving pretty fast for a 99% slowed. ill try to change the game constant

EDIT: Well ill just use war stomp... its pretty much the same.. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.