• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Throught the fire and the flames Music Video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
OK, so this is my first completley made cinematic; a music video. Please go easy on me but I would appreciate some ideas on how to make it better. I have been having a lot of problems with lag so I apologize if it doesn't look good on your computer.

Attachments

• Music Vid.zip
    8 MB · Views: 102
Level 9
That wasn't very constructive void...

I'll check this out as soon as I get home, if you like this song (it is overrated but I like dragonforce) you should listen to 'prepare for war' and 'soldiers of the wasteland' also by them, two of my favourite dragonforce songs.

UPDATE

Watched it, quite good if not a bit repetitive. If you want a good metal cinematic check this one out...
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=g42UaJ-BQtM

Last edited:
Level 31
You're 1 hell lucky dude that ~Void~ does not give a constructive review or you would get a fate worse than death.

1) Terrain - Terrain was poorly develop even though you are trying to make symmetry map. Symmetry map are easy to be develop, but I do not think you develop very well over it. The kingdom terrain was lack of destructible/doodad usage as well. What makes you think a kingdom just full of house only?

2) Trigger - I for once would said the trigger are badly develop and was at the worst shape. Who the hell teach you to set the trigger this way? You could have easily make it all into 1 action instead.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.50 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.50 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.50 seconds
Infact, it was probably the worst idea to use Wait function especially if your cinematic was likely to be a music video. As you would probably have the music end earlier or last longer than it was expected, a music video cinematic should use precise timing and not a Action - Wait xxx seconds.

There is a lot of lacking in the trigger as well, such as not disable dusk/dawn sound, environment sky set to none, no fog and etc etc.

3) Camera - Camera wasn't soo smooth and constantly running into wall.

4) The edge of the map and sky seems to be empty, this is because you did not set sky or fog.

5) Massive spam of unit is alright, but a massive spam of special effect was terrible especially when you do not destroy those special effect and cause it to have memory leak; rendering the entire cinematic lagging like hell.

There is more flaw in this map, but I think explaining this 6 flaw is more than enough.

Hive Standard - 1/5
Overall score - 7/100

Level 14
You're 1 hell lucky dude that ~Void~ does not give a constructive review or you would get a fate worse than death.

Yeah, nothing is more worse than a review that actually helps people. I would die before I'd get a constructive review from a respected member such as Void, oh the agony.

Anyway, to get back on topic, this was pretty good, I liked it, and I hate music videos and I dislike this band but w/e. The start was good and near the end was the best part.

Alright, here's a few suggestions on what to improve:

- The cameras were pretty good, having matched the ritham of the song, however they were often too random. Also, at one point it went through a building(not talking about the wall) so you might want to fix that.

- The map started to lag a little about half way through. I didn't check the triggers but I assumed you didn't remove the leaks from the Infernal Special Effects. While removing leaks isn't a priority in cinematics it is when they start to affect the game, that is when they slow down the cinematic.

- The terrain was horrible in most parts. Sorry, but it was. All but the main "stage" where the band is was pretty bad.

- The units within the army don't face each other, they just stand around a bit too randomly. Might want to fix that.

- When the units start moving towards one another(that is, when the two armies move one against the other) they hardly walk in formation and some of them even stay behind. This looked really bad.

- The flaming hero that was running across the river, avoiding skeletons was sort of random and didn't really fit the whole theme. At least that's how it seemed to me. If you made him fight the skeletons with some nice special effects it would have been better.

- Diablo chasing footmen near the end? That was just another random thing, wasn't it?

All in all I liked it. Of course, it can always improve but it was good nonetheless and like I said, I dislike music cinematics.

Status
Not open for further replies.