• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Three questions about the normal WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have been having some issues lately with World Editor and they have been driving me insane! Any help or clearification would REALLY be great! :D

1. World Editor is A L W A Y S night... No matter what I set the options to, no matter what map I load, it is ALWAYS night until I press "L". Thats nice and all, I can see again, but without shadows (I really pay attention to for height of many things), it is difficult. But with it being night, it is also harder to get the game just how I want it. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. My palatte box sometimes gets covered by the game, and all I see is anything off the terrain screen. (The X to close it...) This gets very annoying having to reload the palette every time I want to switch what object to drop. Its never happened before, it started about a week ago, and its driving me insane.

3. Line of Sight blocker... Whatever it does, Im not seeing it. I have tried many things to see what it does, none of them do anything. Players can go through it, players can attack over it, I just dont get what they are for.

Thanks for the help... *shoots WE*

Level 8
All Could be a graphics card issue or graphics driver issue. Have you updated drivers then failed to patch/update via the game to Battlenet? Just try to log onto the battle net area it will auto patch.

Or, conversely, you can see if you have the latest drivers for your graphics card - my problem is always the backwards, I update at battle net but fail to keep my graphics updated. :ugly:

If going to scenerio/preferences and changing the time of day to noon or dusk does not work, then hit L and G - L to kill the light/shadows and G to turn on the grid - hit G twice for the medium grid - you get a much, much better idea of how varied and high and steep your terrain is with the grid on than any other way.

Pallet problem. Try grabbing the top of the window and slide it all to the right then all the way to the left to where your mouse stops - what should happen is that when you pull it back it should be viewable again. I have been having this issue myself lately, it is simply to do with my not wanting to update my graphics drivers until another game I have updates their graphics - for some odd reason the last two times I updated my graphics card the game was unviewable. Granted updates to graphics drivers should still work for older programs... But anyway I digress.

Pathing blockers. See attached image.

When you are viewing pathing (Hit P on your key board) places you can not walk are pink, places you can not build turn blue.

Pathing blockers all have the same pink box - to see their pathing you have to hit p.

Left to right in the image below:

Pathing blocker both (Air and ground)
Pathing Blocker Ground only.
Pathing blocker Air (only)
Pathing blocker Line of sight.

IF you do not see the pink boxes most likely you have hit V Which is Game View settings - all pink boxes, all pathing, and shadows and light and sky and fog come on everything as it would be seen in the game.

Line of sight blockers block ground units from walking and do not allow ranged (arrows, magic, bullets) weapons to cross over. In theory on that last one. :con:

Attachments

• Blockers.jpg
    Blockers.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.