• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thoughts on this terrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
I'm making a dungeon area for my map and have this pretty cool idea of an underground mechanical/steampunk-ish dungeon with village and forest like area inside. I haven't made much of a progress since I'm still unsure if the style looks great so I'll really appreciate to hear your thoughts.

EDITOR SCREENCAP:
JL # 1.jpg

JL # 2.jpg

JL # 3.jpg

IN-GAME SCREENCAP:

JL # 4.jpg

If you'll ask if I'll upload this map:

Nope, its just a map for me(Also the reason why I posted it here.).

If you'll ask about the doodads texture:
Its just a WoW texture.

Level 4
It looks good and pretty unique. And since it's a dungeon it will look even better with DNC doodads and omni lights.

You can try adding more pipes with steam coming from it like in the dwemer ruins from skyrim and morrowind.

tes5_skyrim_105.jpg

And some more weird machines for better atmosphere like in these screenshots.

PathOFExileFinalBoss.jpg
Pillars-of-Eternity-1.jpg

Level 28
steampunk-ish furnaces

putting some grates and steel bars on your tiles.

Oh yeah, that will work.

Maybe add some tile variation between rooms

I'm actually waiting for Talavaj's terrain like doodad since the map already uses 16 tiles since there are more areas that already uses it.

Also some usage of alpha tile and making fake rooms below

I'll think about it.

EDIT:

You can try adding more pipes with steam coming from it like in the dwemer ruins from skyrim and morrowind.

More pipes then.

And some more weird machines for better atmosphere like in these screenshots.

I'm currently re-texturing some models that I have for that.

I already have one if you take a look on the 4th screencap.

I'll post some more screenshots tomorrow with your suggestions.

Thanks guys.

Level 14
I love the mechanical looking trees. This is indeed a unique idea. I hope it isn't too difficult finding model to suit your needs. You may have to get creative, but knowing your stuff, you should have no problem

Level 28
I love the mechanical looking trees. This is indeed a unique idea. I hope it isn't too difficult finding model to suit your needs. You may have to get creative, but knowing your stuff, you should have no problem

Thanks mate.

So, you already abandoned your last rpg project again?

Nope I'm still working on it. This map is actually older than Darkness Call. I don't find working on many maps a bad thing since I'm just doing this just for fun and I can always mix the ideas I have from one project to another. And since I rarely ask for help from other people I don't really feel oblige to always work on my maps.

Level 7
I always liked the mechanical type of terrain . What u could add, if u ask me is the circuit like design if u ask me. I dont know what to call them. Like the blue theme of this site. Terrain is good if u ask me. :)

Level 13
Nope I'm still working on it. This map is actually older than Darkness Call. I don't find working on many maps a bad thing since I'm just doing this just for fun and I can always mix the ideas I have from one project to another. And since I rarely ask for help from other people I don't really feel oblige to always work on my maps.

Good! Then I will have a look at your new-ish stuff :p

Level 28
I can actually do that though it will not really look like a motherboard circuit since I'll probably gonna use pipes and gears for that to retain the steampunk-ish look.

Good! Then I will have a look at your new-ish stuff :p

If I post some updates on my map just think of it like a little bonus every time you visit hive to waste your time. :D

Level 7
I can actually do that though it will not really look like a motherboard circuit since I'll probably gonna use pipes and gears for that to retain the steampunk-ish look.

If I post some updates on my map just think of it like a little bonus every time you visit hive to waste your time. :D

No problem. The terrain is good just the way it is. Just a suggestion from my side should u want to do somthing new. Pipes and gears will also do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.