• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain For Regicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have created a map, trigger are set, units are set, concept is set, now one problem, terrain, and terrain is what I am horrible at.

I have attempted to create some on my own, and it looked....:witch_doc_sad:

I'm simply asking for ideas for my terrain, anything would be appreciated.

The map is a war-style, armies of units will be fighting eachother on a 128x128 map. I need locations for fighting, places that can be defended, but also penetrable. Basicily, just war zone terrain, however I'm aiming to have different terrain for the different races.
Undead-Blighted, undead area.
Night Elf-Forest, wood area.
Demon-Chaotic, freakish area.
Human-Not sure
Orc-Not sure
Naga-Not sure

Map is here, please ignore the outside area, unless you have a good siuggestion for that, that's just the area for unit picking.

Also, ignore the Name+Loading screen.

Attachments

• Unit Swarm.w3x
    102.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Level 9
Maybe post some screenshots of the overall map and some close ups of certain sections. Or if you don't mind doing so, post the entire map so we can look at it. This should give people a better sense of what they're dealing with and what you would want.

Level 4
The already created terrain was my attempt, i saw how horrible it looked, and i decided i needed help.

Level 9
I went through your map. I've uploaded a version you're free to use if you want. I imported some extra tiles to give you a little more flexibility. Some of these tiles might not look right with other tiles so experiment a little. I also made a tiny areas just to give you an idea of what you might want to do with each zone.

For the undead area use a mix of blight, dirt and rough dirt plus some northrend trees to give it a real barren, evil, desolate look.
For the Night Elves use grass, trees and make little paths through the forest or something.
For the demons try out the 3 outland tiles I imported and see if you like them. You could use these to create a really barren-hellish looking landscape coupled with a few outland doodads and fire.
Maybe try a farm/fields/plains feel, use terrain elevation to create a nice rolling effect, use dirt/rough dirt tiles to put in roads or paths.
Use alot of the dirt tiles, orcs are a rough race and generally live in pretty barren areas.
For the naga try out some of the sunken ruins tiles I imported, use some of the sunken ruins trees and add a little water.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Level 4
Thank you, so much, the terrain is exactly what I'm looking for.
I will definately use this, and credit you of course.

+ rep, thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.