• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant make good playbale terrain at all. So I was wondering if someone could make this for me (full credit will be given as always). The map size and terrain base are up to you. I do have a few require ments. There need to be 7 or 8 different areas (seperated by water hopefully). 2 of them are where heros are chosen (13 heros on each side so not huge) 1 location for a short ending cinmatic. 2 or 3 (up to you) need to be small arena areas (use your imagination, just not overly huge). The other 2 areas are for creeps (so rather large, but not extremely huge [get 5 mins to explore it at a time]) and for the main areas can you put at least 2 hidden areas (secret shops) somewhere semi-close by to a sentral point. If you find this too vague I can make a kind of rough lay out (where i would like things) or i can show you the map its for (new terrain for a old map).

Level 3
i would totally help you but i cant right now im working on terrain for someone else and the map is pretty big and will take a while but why dont you PM some master terrains, *Cough*Happy Tauren*cough*. but if you still need a terrainer and i finish ill be glad to help you :grin:

these are some of my terrains TAKE A LOOK for you to look at and see if im good enought to help you.

Level 3
yea definatly ask him if he isnt busy. his terrain kick a**. they are really good. but i will pm if i finish and your not done :grin:

Level 3
see i told you he could help, he know JASS too which is very good( i dont, its hard :( )

Lol that doesnt rly matter, but its supposed to be inside a castle (called Creep Keep), but it can have an outside area that can be tropical if you wish, and one side is orc and undead so can you make it look like its messed up (like you know ravaged by the undead or w/e). Map size is rly up to you, not to big but sizeable, i sent you all the stuff in a pm, if you can do jass i appreciate it.

Last edited:
Uhh. I think I missed something. HappyTauren, when you said waiting for map, did you mean your waiting for the map as it is now? Hmm I can't send it to you in a PM, and I'm a bit nervous about posting it, but i guess i will.

Also, the compressor i have is not very good, so could you try to compress the imported models more?

Attachments

• (8)Creepkeep 9.9 BETA.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Lol ty. Could you go through the triggering (its not bug proof yet) and see if you could improve upon what's there ;) (the item system i made apperently doesnt work for some players). It lags like HELL (im not joking). This map probably leaks unbelievably badly. So if you could convert as much as you could to JASS id really apretiate it. And then once all is said and done, its gunna be really nice and im want two things: a new name for it (if anyone has any ideas plz post them) and two: a very good protection program.

If you submit any ideas or help at all, please post your b.net account and the gateway you use so i can give you full credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.