• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Me and my friend ThroatRip are making a map and are not really good with making terrain. We need someone to make the terrain for us, and credit will be widely given.

Tell us what kind of terrain you need, what kind of places there will be. You should give information about what kind of terrain you want... If you tell what kind of gameplay your map will have it doesn't help terrainers.

And yeah I'm busy so don't bother to ask me.

The terrain size needs to be at least 300x300 or higher. Also needs stragetic areas and mountains, ocean and a lake, forests, swamps, marshes, hills, about maybe 5 nice stragetic castles, size of them doesnt matter. All of this doesnt have to be in any way, we just need a terrain we can use. Stragetic places where resources can be used.

Last edited:
Level 4
Man don't you know the rules ... bump can be given after 48 hours have passed

Level 13
Tell us what kind of terrain you need, what kind of places there will be. You should give information about what kind of terrain you want... If you tell what kind of gameplay your map will have it doesn't help terrainers.

unnecessary

anyway, some advice - yes, you do need to tell people what you want. however, it sounds as if you want the terrainer to have a quite large freedom of doing shit. thing is that with a map this size - 300x300 or above, most terrainers will probably want some details.
to be honest, your best bet is to learn some terraining yourself and do the terrain yourself. no offence to anyone, but a lot of terrainers are lazy and will probably stick to 128x128 and under-ish.
some good news - terraining's not THAT hard. large amounts of decent looking, very usable terrain are easy to produce - use the 3rd or 4th brush for large details, skip the 2nd one and just use the 1st one for details - look at Genesis of Empires, it uses large brushes, with no details. adding some small brush details to that would make it look quite good. add lots of height, etc, use good tiles.

Level 23
Belgarath's post is just the way, I see things. It's very hard for a terrainer to create a terrain after only reading a few lines. TO be honest, if I had to do this, I wouldn't know what to do and how to start.
I'd suggest you learning basic terraining, which really isn't hard, like Belgarath suggested and terraining the map first. Later on you, when you finsihed the other stuff of your project, you might want a better terrainer to redo it ;)
it'll be easier for both of you then, and it will also be easier for you to find a terrainer, who would like to help, if he sees, that you already worked on it very hard and that it's not only timewasting.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.