• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The World Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ThroatRip and I are in need of a World terrain. This includes all of Earth, North America, Central America, South, Asia, Austrailia, Europe, Africa, Japan, the whole shebang.

Whoever makes this terrain for us will have there name creditted several (several) times. It needs to be very detailed and at least 416x416 in size, maybe larger. We would do this ourselves, but we are not very good terrain artists.

Just provide us with the landscape, hills mountains, grass, snow, etc. Our reason for needing a map like this is our idea of a game based upon the RTS Supreme Ruler. We would use the templates that are already uploaded but none are to our liking.

Thank you,
ThroatRip and Ehadon

world.jpg

People wont just make a terrain which size is 416x416 or even larger just like that. That's a really big map and a week of terraining or even more (Depends on the terrainer). You need to provide information about the project and etc. When you do you will have more luck in finding one, the chances of finding one know are very slim. Also, giving credits to a user making a terrain for the whole map isn't good enough. He should be a part of the team IMO+big credits.

I recommend you use the "Terrain 1.0" tool from the tools database; it allows you to convert targa images into heightmaps.
This way, you can simply make a photoshop document at the size of 416X416, import a world map as a second layer, and use a plain grey brush on a black background to fill in the continents and islands.

I've attatched an example of the heightmap i drew for my project WW2: World in Flames, it's really simple and can be done in less than half an hour.

Attachments

• war3map.jpg
    war3map.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 175
Level 6
yea that's a very very good ideea...it is simple...just take a physical world map and paint the basic height in Photoshop...and follow the "Terrain 1.0" tutorial...I'll try to make a map right now for Europe:D..

Level 6
This is Europe...Need to be polished(the rivers are mountains instead of rivers because of the light color...need to edit little bit, but I wanted to give an example)

Attachments

• europe.jpg
    europe.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 178
Status
Not open for further replies.