• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thorns Aura Problems, /suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ggggggaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwdddddddd!

Ok after about an hour of trial and error i found out what was crashing my wc3 when i tested my map. For some reason whenever i add thorns aura via triggers to a hero it crashes..... idk why.

Trigger is posted for self satisfaction, as long as Thorns aura is added to a hero via triggers, it crashes wc3.

Attachments

• Object Editor.jpg
    Object Editor.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 240
  • Trigger.JPG
    Trigger.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 203
Level 19
doing all wrong
use spiked carapice in a disabled spell book (or item one)

Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
Unit Group - Pick Every Unit in Playable Map Area and do actions
loop
if Picked Unit has buff
Unit - Add Ability (<your spiked carapice skill>) to Picked Unit
else
Unit - Remove Ability (<your spiked carapice skill) to Picked Unit

I guess you are trying to make a skill that gives temporary damage returning
this should work if its as I guess

Level 10
I realize i can do it with spikied carapeice, i tried i a little while before you posted, but im still pissed/curious as to why thorns aura causes it to crash; i wasted alot of time singling that out.

Level 11
In multiplayer the minimum wait is around .3 In singleplayer its around .1

So when you try to wait .01 it will wait at least 10x that amount of time before moving on.

You want to know why it crashes? I bet you if you remove the wait it won't crash.

Why? Because using waits tend to erase the value of 'Casting Unit' so everything you try to do to that unit won't work.

So pretty much when you say Add ability to Casting unit. It becomes Add ability to Null unit. <poof> bad things happen....

Level 10
I tried it with and without the wait, didnt effect it; in addition after the wait i had game text poppup displaying the casting units name, it still showed it corrcetly.

Level 11
Interesting, Let me look further into it. Though the problem with 'waits' is real. Remember that if you ever encounter further problems to that end.

Did you try adding the unmodified version of thorn aura instead of your modified version. If that works then you know its your abilities problem!

Also try deleting/disabling everything but that add ability (in that trigger) does it still crash?
Try deleting/disabling JUST that action in the trigger, does it still crash?

Level 10
Yea i've done all that, it was included in my 1 hour of trial in error -.-, as long as i add thorns aura to a hero via trigger, it crashes =(.

Level 11
Can you post the map. I'd like to see if I can fix the problem myself. It seems to be rather intriguing. I like a good problem.. when its now my own...

Anyway I'd really like to give it a try myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.