• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This is a bit of a technical question. I would ask it in the StarCraft II Beta forums, but now that the Beta has closed, it seems as if they've wiped the database once again. I logged in to the forums and it wouldnt let me post because I had no characters, as it said.

I'm sure for most of you, even with the Beta over, the Galaxy Editor still runs and can be used. However, I tried to open it the other day, and it opened just fine at first. But once it loaded up the default blank map, it got stuck at the splash screen. Then the game crashed, with this error.

"ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
occurred at 001B:0102DB53. The memory at '0x0000010B' could not be read."

I had no idea why this happened, since it worked fine a few days ago and the only thing I did between then and now was patch the game. Then I checked the game itself, and it patched a second time. Tried the editor again...still no dice.

I checked the forums and found a post from April.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=24401797490&postId=243992831216&sid=5000

This guy has the same problem I have. According to Blizzard, it was a driver problem, which makes no sense since the game itself ran fine on my current drivers. But since mine were even more out of date than this guy's, I decided to update as reccomended.

And as you'd imagine, it didn't work at all. Still the same error.

It makes me wonder if something got corrupted in the patch data the last time I patched the game. If that's so, the likely answer would be to reinstall, but now I don't even know if that's worth it without a Blizzard employee saying so since the beta is out, and I'd be better off waiting for phase 2.

I know this isnt a tech support forum, but considering I can't even post in the SCII b.net forums let alone the Beta without a character profile, I don't really know where to turn. Has anyone seen this sort of crash before? It really sucks since I was hoping to play around with the editor while waiting for phase 2.

If there's a better place for this thread, please move it by all means. I figured General Discussion would be best since I just can't figure out where to go with it.

Level 19
Hmm... Don't worry:) I'm sure it's only a minor problem which Blizzard would eventually get a solution to. Besides, it's still in the Beta stages, so don't get too worked up over it!

Level 3
I just hope they detect it. I sent the report, so I really hope this doesn't persist into phase 2 or even the launch. I'd assume not the launch since I'll have to reinstall the game anyway once I get the CD. It's just annoying since I have no idea where it came from, and a friend of mine who has the beta sees no problems with his editor.

At first I thought I could have had something bad happen to my computer like corrupted memory, but I'm sure if it was a memory problem it would have been a different error entirely. The game and editor wouldn't load at all instead of just crashing on the splash screen, or it'd crash in the middle of playing at random times with a completely different error.

I shouldn't worry about it though. At the very least I can get downloaded maps to run directly into SC2 without needing to go through the editor. So at the very least, the game still runs in offline mode. Just no editor for now, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.