• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

this is more of an upgrade issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
but this is the best place i could find to get help for it.

anyway, i am trying to get a unit to upgrade into another unit using the headhunter to berserker upgrade, but it isn't working.

what happens is i build the starting unit and then reserach the upgrade but the unit i trained does not upgrade and i cannot build that unit anymore from the building. so i made it so that you can build the second(upgraded) unit at the building, but it requires the research. so i build the starting unit again and research the upgrade and the unit does not upgrade, but i can build the second upgraded unit from the building(because i have researched the upgrade).

my problem is that the unit(s) already built do not upgrade when the upgrade is researched.

Thanks for any help,

Dragonfox

PS: if it makes any difference, the second(upgraded) unit also can be upgraded into another unit. maybe that is what is screwing it up, but i don't see why that would.

Level 9
??? I got dizzy reading that. :?

I think what you want to know is that units have a field in the unit editor for upgrades that apply to them. In order for an upgrade to work on a unit, the upgrade has to be listed in that field.

~The_Raven

Level 4
oh. wait. maybe that is what i forgot. now i feel really really stupid. :oops: :oops: :oops:

hehe. dizzy, huh? i got dizzy typing it, lol. :D

Thanks,

Dragonfox

EDIT: YAY!!! it works now!!! except for a little detail... the icon for the second upgraded unit still sticks around even after i have researched the second upgrade for the third upgrade unit. lol. i hope that makes sense. if you can help me, i would greatly appreciate(sp?) it!

PS: do you know how i could add a sound to it? i want to make a wolf howl when i do the upgrade/when the unit upgrades. how can i do this? would i have to do it with triggers or is it somewhere in the spell/upgrade/ability? i tried 'effect sound' but it does not work. do i have to do the one that says 'loop' because i did not add it to that field. i am using the 'night time' wolf howl sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.