• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thiris Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Welcome to the dark and overgrown bamboo woods of Pandaria, the Thiris Woods! This place harbor many untold secrets and many savage predators, best of witch is the savage Mangol Tiger.

Update: made a new final one, hope its better.

Attachments

• Bamboo Forest.jpg
    Bamboo Forest.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 562
  • Bamboo Forest Final.jpg
    Bamboo Forest Final.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 657
Last edited:
Level 6
Show more plz, not much to see in the screeny, just some growth, a kitty and a obelisk. Then we can give good criticism.

Looks pretty cool, except I don't like those leaves. They are of horrid quality.

That's cuz the model is really overscaled

Level 36
Park, ever seen a Bamboo forest? Their overgrown, like the pic, and that was the intention, to make it look like a realistic bamboo forest, and Gilles, the leafs of the bamboo? well, it was the only bamboo model i found so... sorry :p

Level 6
nothing wrong with growth... just there is almost nothing to see in the pic...
zoom out more, make it bigger. It's more likeably that way that's wath I mean

Level 6
That isn't the light i'm meaning. But go to:

Scenario > Map Preferences > Time of Day

The lightning I mean are the yellow rays of light you made, they should be fixed.

Level 36
Tell me then, Park, what angle do you mean they should go/come from?
Becuase, i dont see any problem with em, all coming from the same direction, meaning that the sun is somewhere to the left, and they come down naturally, i dont see the problem as you do, so you have to tell me :p

Level 5
It's pretty easy to see that the beams of light are heading in two different directions, the only way that would happen is if the sun was three feet behind those trees. I drew a pretty picture to illustrate this, with arrows and stuff.

By the way it's nice, I like the second one more, the lighting doesn't really bother me. Just thought I'd try to help point out what everyone was talking about. Good work, keep it up.

Attachments

• lighting2.jpg
    lighting2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.