• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Terrain] "The Howl"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Howl .

I'm here again, so this is my new terrain picture . Any criticism are always welcome but don't be rude :D

226275-albums6794-picture78282.png

Fresh update :
226275-albums6794-picture78326.png

Wolf Pack
by Yvette Yvonne - 1998

Darkness breaks,
Moon awakes,
Night now brings the stars it makes.

Moon beams fall,
Light up all,
From silvery woods there comes a call.

Grayish blur,
Shaggy fur,
Food is this night creatures lure.

Brown deer,
Very near,
It is brought down full of fear.

Deadly bite,
Very tight,
Every wolf will feast tonight.

Attachments

• 226275-albums6794-picture78316.png
    226275-albums6794-picture78316.png
    281.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 226275-albums6794-picture78326.png
    226275-albums6794-picture78326.png
    307.9 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
Level 34
I like it. It does seem odd that the trees are so dark, yet the sky is lit up with stars and a massive moon. Nights like that you can usually see quite well.

And you smell bad.

Level 36
It could do without that owl in the skies, and you should really move the wolf a fraction to the right,
so that it's located in the center of the opening, would've just looked more aesthetically pleasing. Oh,
and those two pines just beneath the owl are uncannily alike, I'd do something about that.
(Like, change their sizes around or something)

Other than that, yeah, like Gilles said, you smell... AHEM: It's a bit odd how it's all silhouette, but fuck it, it makes a nice effect :)

Level 36
I still don't care for the owl.

And I really don't care for the new tree either, I liked the effect of the bigger tree on the left side before, now, with the new one it kind of removes that effect. Go back to having a couple smaller trees, just not the exact same size, I'd say.

Oh, and, what's the deal with the stars just suddenly ending at the bottom of the screen? If those are meant to be mountains, I'd advice you distinguish them a bit more from the color of the sky.

I like it. It does seem odd that the trees are so dark, yet the sky is lit up with stars and a massive moon. Nights like that you can usually see quite well.

And you smell bad.

It is not unnatural at all. Try taking a picture against the light - everything in front of the light will appear underexposed. If you would look at the other side of the trees i am sure they would be illuminated.

Level 34
It is not unnatural at all. Try taking a picture against the light - everything in front of the light will appear underexposed. If you would look at the other side of the trees i am sure they would be illuminated.
This is true for photography (which I definitely feel ashamed for not thinking of), but not of the human eye (to a degree it is, but not that much). I wasn't thinking of this as a photo.

So I guess my point is moot. Either way it would make sense.

I had no idea that was a wolf. Wow. The updated one is way better now that I know it's a wolf and not a tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.