• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thinking of starting WC3 again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hey guys.

I stopped playing WC3 around when SC2 launched, but am thinking of starting again.
The problem is, that it seems no one plays any new maps, and stick to the same old ones.

So is there a place where you can find people who are willing to play some new and exciting maps? I would really appreciate a channel or something like that, where there is a lot of players :) (I live in EU) I tried Garena, but it seems its more for friends, and not meeting random people online (unless its dota you play).

Secondly, how do you host games. Before I used to use delay reducers, but they don't seem to be the way to go any more, as none of them work. So how do I host a map (without that huge b.net delay), and where do find people to play with? :)

Level 8
I love your avatar.

To host maps with awesome delay, you can try to setup a ghostbot local game. I've managed to make it work, so it's at least possible for a sufficiently savvy "Normal" user.

Level 13
I'm pretty IT savvy (work with it), so I'll give it a try :)
Just to be clear. This is not allowed by blizzard, and can get your CD key banned if they find out right? Although I'm pretty sure they're not checking up on this game any more :)

Level 30
its good to have a wacraft veteran to be in our ranks again :)

So is there a place where you can find people who are willing to play some new and exciting maps? I would really appreciate a channel or something like that, where there is a lot of players :) (I live in EU) I tried Garena, but it seems its more for friends, and not meeting random people online (unless its dota you play).

have you tried Game Ranger? it has tons of people online but I can't remember if most of them is on track with custom maps than DotA :)

I couldn't answer your second because I don't host maps sorry man

Status
Not open for further replies.