• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Think bout Pirates , mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Just watched the movie, it is just average and the main characters are not interesting and not worth the time to spend on learning. The whole plot can be explained with a paragraph which explains how simple and average the story is. Thats my opinion. What about yours?
Do you mean V part?
I found it also average (mediocre).
The main problem i think is the pirates becomes a fantasy where you can create a random magic MacGuffin and also new magic creatures and put it in the movie. They have a nice flashback with the Salazar past, where are no magic things and the battle between ships was showed properly. Why they turn the main villain as undead with a dead ship which didn't shoot almost and destroyed other ships by "raping" them. Why not make the main villain to be a living cruel captain who destroys all pirates and spits on morale.
-Why while tge girl-scientist starts to use her brain and suddenly all men nearby get stupid.
-The Barbossa's and Smith's plot twist doesn't make sense.
-No battles of ships instead of the flashback time (a bad trend for all directors and game devs who put all interesting things in flashbacks or offscreen backstory).
-We just got the Black Pearl, the fastest ship in the world. That is why a lifeboat and two ships caught up it. duh.

While watching the movie I feel like the whole franchise transforms into a bubble gum.

Status
Not open for further replies.