• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thievery Campaign (Levels 1 - 6)

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Thievery Campaign
Parts 1 - 6

Thievery follows the adventures of Rahkan, a famous Satyr thief. When Rahkan stumbles across a big score, his greed may pull him down a path he could not forsee.

Thievery is a campaign focusing more on stealth than combat. Sneak around enemies, solve puzzles, fight bosses, assassinate weak enemies, and collect gold and items. You will find it is somewhat akin to Zelda games.

The campaign is difficult so you want to make sure to save your game here and there. Keep in mind that Rahkan is very weak and can die very quickly. Look before you leap.

Parts 1 through 6 complete. More coming soon!

0jb1lsX.jpg

I346RCe.jpg

VUsxHgp.jpg

XChF5o2.jpg

L4BwaeM.jpg

L95hpyq.jpg

40aZPMO.jpg

WXAWQRa.jpg

Dy76YqN.jpg

[9-21-09] Update: Fixed some patrol errors.

[11-20-09] Update: Some minor fixes and updates as I work on Part 5:
- Enemies that are immune to your skills will now display "Immune!" above their heads if you attempt to use the skill on them.
- Fixed a minor bug in Part 3 where you could approach Raz's shop using an unintentional path through the forest.
- Revamped the Soul Shard system to allow more inventory space.

[11-24-09] Update: Fixed a small oops I created in the last update.

[2-14-10] Update: Level 5 complete! I've decided since progress is much slower than I'd hoped, I'll just release each map as it comes out instead of in chapters. In addition to the release of level 5 (which is, in my opinion, the best one yet), I've also updated a few things:
- Opportunity will now show floating text if you get a successful combo.
- Lucky Rabbit's Foot now shows floating text when it comes into effect.
- The stun from your Stealth ability can no longer go into effect while you are still in stealth or after stealth has been broken. It now will always work on the attack breaking stealth.

Along with level 5, I've also added a button on the campaign that allows the game to search your game cache for old version saves so that you can go straight to level 5 if you've already completed levels 3 and 4.

A quick note: I've used two custom models in the map and I can't seem to find the authors' names. If you are the creator of Aura.mdx (The hero glow model) or the ItemKey model I use, please let me know so I can give you credit. Thanks!

Have fun!

[Update: 3-3-10] Added custom art and changed the titles of the books in the library puzzle in part 5 to clarify it a bit.

[Update: 3-14-10] Minor update, reduced filesize a bit and attempting to get the minimap preview to work on The Hive.

[Update: 4-4-10] Fixed a major oops I created in the last fix that caused Small Keys to be invisible!

[Update: 4-7-10] Double oops!

[Update: 6-27-10] Level 6 complete! For those of you who have already completed the previous levels, just click on "Load Progress" on the campaign screen to jump straight to level 6. Lots of custom music in this one, don't forget to turn it on! In addition to the new level, lots of small updates have been made to previous levels. Enjoy!

[Update: 6-30-10] Fixed a small bug in part 6.

[Update: 7-1-10] More bug fixes. <3 cleavinghammer!

[Update: 7- 22-15] Fixed broken screenshots.

Keywords:
Thief, Thievery, Satyr, Campaign, Zelda, Sneak, Stealth, Assassin, Gold, Steal, Rahkan, Raven
Contents

Thievery Campaign (Levels 1 - 6) (Campaign)

Level 7
Hey, Tesh!
If you're in the library I believe you are in, then this is what you have to do:
Firstly, simply kill the curator. He's ethereal and doesn't have an attack, but you can still slay him and he will not fight back. Once he has been killed, he will give you a hint, telling you that "time flows like the pages on a book." (Or something much like that.)

What this hint means, is that you have to sort the loose books (found lying by the pedestals throughout the library) in chronological order, from top left to bottom right.
In other words, sort the books out so that their subjects range, in correct order, from the earliest to the most recent. You sort the books out by placing them in the pedestals. (Pick up the books, right-click on them in your inventory, and then left-click on a pedestal.)

If you're still stuck, here's another clue (I don't have the solution at the moment; I need to replay the map):
Earliest/First = The Great Flood; Latest/Last = Blackbeard
Remember to sort them out in one whole order, running from top left, through top right, through bottom left, to bottom right.

I hope that helped!

Level 3
Hey, Tesh!
If you're in the library I believe you are in, then this is what you have to do:
Firstly, simply kill the curator. He's ethereal and doesn't have an attack, but you can still slay him and he will not fight back. Once he has been killed, he will give you a hint, telling you that "time flows like the pages on a book." (Or something much like that.)

What this hint means, is that you have to sort the loose books (found lying by the pedestals throughout the library) in chronological order, from top left to bottom right.
In other words, sort the books out so that their subjects range, in correct order, from the earliest to the most recent. You sort the books out by placing them in the pedestals. (Pick up the books, right-click on them in your inventory, and then left-click on a pedestal.)

If you're still stuck, here's another clue (I don't have the solution at the moment; I need to replay the map):
Earliest/First = The Great Flood; Latest/Last = Blackbeard
Remember to sort them out in one whole order, running from top left, through top right, through bottom left, to bottom right.

I hope that helped!

Thx!

Level 1
I can't find how to finish raz and taz campaign
I kill all morloc but nothing happen, Guide me plz. :vw_wtf:

and I get loss the way in these pics

wc3scrnshot_080611_185945_06.jpg

and

wc3scrnshot_080611_190051_07.jpg

thanks

Level 2
Okay I have been having a problem with chapter 2. In the third room with the crate, I CANNOT GET IT THROUGH THE BENCHES. It just wont fit. Other than that it has been good so far.

Level 7
Hey there, once again!
I am stuck on Chapter 5 - I am supposed to collect five teslanaut parts. I have collected one thus far, but I have no idea where all the others are, and I am not sure where to look. Does anyone have any answers or suggestions? Any would be greatly appreciated.

Bawbz

Hosted Project: SB
Level 13
Hey there, once again!
I am stuck on Chapter 5 - I am supposed to collect five teslanaut parts. I have collected one thus far, but I have no idea where all the others are, and I am not sure where to look. Does anyone have any answers or suggestions? Any would be greatly appreciated.

A few things to remember: The parts are scattered all over the areas surrounding the zone where you get the quest, not just the spot where you get it. Also, many of the parts are held by guys, so don't be afraid to kill some people and see if they have any.

hmm, i'm stuck at chapter 3 or so - the "ruin run". i have entered the big gate (where the staff should be as the robot said), but after some rooms there is one room with one skeleton and a sand switch near him and up there 3 stone swiches (the room is next to the catapult one), i tried moving the catapult up there, but nothing happen, when you click one, the others "unclick", how to do this...?

EDIT: oh i think i got it. i moved the catapult to the center at the switch room and the switches rotate it. but how to shoot or something...?
EDIT2: omg im so stupid. i solved it. rotated the cata, moced it on the gate and fired. thats great map, in which brain is needed. thanks, that campaign is great ;) i give it 5/5 so far.

Level 5
i'm stuck at the tome place is there is any clue about that, and what was curator in the library do, i'm just killing it away

Level 1
I just want to say that this is one of the best custom campaigns I've played and it's awesome that you are still sticking around to help people after all of this time.

Level 3
Great Campaign. Although death is very... very common in it. I enjoy the stealth aspect, i've been looking for a campaign with it. Your terrain is simply, and i love it, when the terrain goes overboard i find the games not very fun to play. Great simply storyline. 5/5

Level 3
<Ruin Run> when i attack BigRat, i can not save because of this error:

Program: ..\war3\war3.exe
Object: Chunk (.?AUChunk@CDataStoreChunked@@)

so does it have an other way to save?

Bawbz

Level 13
Wish I could make Ch7, but unfortunately the Warcraft 3 world editor isn't compatible with my OS anymore :(

Edit: Been thinking about making a video walkthrough of the campaign with commentary to put up for those people who want help with a 100% run. Would people be interested in that at all or is it too late at this point?

Level 10
Wish I could make Ch7, but unfortunately the Warcraft 3 world editor isn't compatible with my OS anymore :(

That, sir is a tragedy. You're really good at what you do and it's a real shame you can't do it.

Edit: Been thinking about making a video walkthrough of the campaign with commentary to put up for those people who want help with a 100% run. Would people be interested in that at all or is it too late at this point?

You know I was just thinking about how handy something like that could be. If you only needed help with a particular section you could skip around and avoid spoiling stuff for yourself.

What else are you up to these days?

Bawbz

Level 13
That, sir is a tragedy. You're really good at what you do and it's a real shame you can't do it.

You know I was just thinking about how handy something like that could be. If you only needed help with a particular section you could skip around and avoid spoiling stuff for yourself.

What else are you up to these days?

Not much. I was planning on making SC2 maps but I lost interest. Been playing Minecraft, Diablo 3, and WoW. Haven't been able to do much game creation lately :(

I went back and read your facebook note, and I actually changed my mind about infinite lives. You were right, I think. If I could go back, I would probably have infinite lives but keep the Ankhs. If you die without a charged ankh, you'd incur some sort of minor penalty, such as gold loss or something. I'd also make the library parts and the rat boss easier.

Also, I'm unsure about the Xevec combat parts. They're cool, but I'm not sure if they have a place in the campaign. I think I was just trying to push the envelope a bit and change it up to keep the player on their toes, but it's not necessarily what the campaign is about.

Wish I coulda finished this one :(

Edit: Added screenshots... just because!

Last edited:
Level 10
Also, I'm unsure about the Xevec combat parts. They're cool, but I'm not sure if they have a place in the campaign. I think I was just trying to push the envelope a bit and change it up to keep the player on their toes, but it's not necessarily what the campaign is about.

I don't have the facebook note in front of me, but having just replayed some of the Xevec part, I like it. It's definitely a different pace from Rakahn, but once you learn Xevec's combo system it makes for some really fun puzzles.

Honestly, my current beef with Chapter 6 is the archmage boss after you get the scepter -- actually, not really with the boss itself, but with what I call "hotkey creep".

For comparison:
  • In the rat boss in Chapter 3, you have really only two buttons you need to use: Hook Shot (T) and occasionally Opportunity (R).
  • In the final boss of Chapter 5, you still only need to use Hook Shot (T) and Opportunity (R).
  • In the archmage boss in Chapter 5, you need to use Opportunity (R), the Black Scepter (B), and the active abilities for two different Scepter spawns (D and T, if I'm not mistaken).
While I agree that the encounters need to get more challenging over time, I'm not sure the player needs to be bombarded with hotkeys this way -- it's very hard to memorize which key to use at which time, and obviously using the mouse to click on the abilities is far too slow to be a viable strategy for the fight.

My suggestion (if you ever went back to change the ankhs and whatnot) would be to change the hotkeys for each of Rakahn's active abilities to Q, W, E and R. (Okay, the Black Scepter would still be the odd one out, but bear with me.) You could also set the first active ability for each of the Scepter spawns to be Q. This would give the player three button letters to remember for the fight instead of four; it would remove confusion of which spawn uses which key; and it would make the overall hotkey use more intuitive.

Oh i- and this is an old complaint, but the cooldown needs to be way lower on Distract. The times when you miss, or when it doesn't work, or when the creeps reset, or when you need to use it twice (or more) in a row for a puzzle, make for a LOT of sitting around waiting for the cooldown to be over. Which isn't fun.

Level 1

I would watch it. There are still people out there who care. Just not very many of us.

Level 1
Hello

I'm stopped at chapter 5 when I have to face the archmage Saradin. I managed to get his HP low, but now some peasants carrying explosive barrels appear on the battlefield and always kill me. Do you have any tip on that ? Thanks :)

Great campaign btw !

Level 10
Hello

I'm stopped at chapter 5 when I have to face the archmage Saradin. I managed to get his HP low, but now some peasants carrying explosive barrels appear on the battlefield and always kill me. Do you have any tip on that ? Thanks :)

Great campaign btw !

Spoiler warning!

You can kill the peasants easily with Opportunity. This leaves you free to move the barrel like other movable objects.
See those pipes sticking out onto the path on each side (near where the peasants spawn)?

Level 3
Can someone help me with the second part of the Chucky battle (when he gets angry)? I can't really do any more damage to him, since the ghouls always heal him to 2500 HP and they have too much HP to be taken out before they reach him. What do I do?

Bawbz

Level 13
Can someone help me with the second part of the Chucky battle (when he gets angry)? I can't really do any more damage to him, since the ghouls always heal him to 2500 HP and they have too much HP to be taken out before they reach him. What do I do?

I know this post was like 2 months ago, but you have to hookshot them into the fire pits to burn them. Chucky will eat the ghoul and it'll set him on fire.

Level 3
Great campaign but I'm stuck at the point you need to collect Tesla Parts. I've found one near librar. The guard was holding it for me. ;) Where are the others?

Bawbz

Level 13
Great campaign but I'm stuck at the point you need to collect Tesla Parts. I've found one near librar. The guard was holding it for me. ;) Where are the others?

All of the teslanaut parts are in a square area around that central zone where you get the quest. Most of them are atop the walls, being held by creatures.

Level 2
This was pretty enjoyable for me to play. ;3

One thing did screw me over that I'm pretty sure wasn't supposed to happen.
This was the Militia Guard in the second mission that patrols the Blue Gate hallway. I attacked him thinking he was a normal militia (my bad xD) but after that he stopped patrolling and sat in between the ballista and militia with the gate key. So if you get up to that area, do not attack him. He's a pest >.<

I recommend this campaign to those who don't play purely for combat and/or enjoy stealth.

Level 1
Superb mix of puzzles, thievery and tactical boss fighting.
By far the most creative custom campaign i've ever lurked. 10/5

Level 2
Very fun campaign! I recall playing it a year ago- still remember it! I think I got stuck at one point, but that was a while back. I look forward to playing it again!