• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

There was a link to introduce myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I got curious. :bored:

So then, after the curiosity struck me, struck me like a grandma strikes a bucket on a hot Tuesday, I moved the cursor, moved it like never before, with speeds increasing over 40 nanometers per second, all the way to the middle of the screen, so fast that I was sure the monitor was going to explode, for nothing could handle this kind of intensity. And then, I moved all the way to it - the link. It was some sort of message, a secret code perhaps, and somewhere, I knew that that green text in front of the dark gray background of the webpage was telling me, click me. Click me. Click me. The insanity of it all. First the agonizing carpal tunnel effects on my hand as it stood, struck with pain, shaking on the table. And my face, furiously and perfusely sweating with enormous rivers of sodium-filled, blood-like perspiration. And my brain, swirling in a whirlpool of the sea of uncertainty and misery, as my body began to shut against itself. Vomit spewed from my mouth as a final, desperate attempt for my body to regain its former living self. But I knew it was over. And as I fell to the ground, I felt the life force being sucked from me. It was flowing out of my eye sockets, so hard that I thought it would pull every organ with it. And as it flew out, I did think of one thing. And that was that perhaps peace was only a few seconds away. And this horrible agonizing misery was a few seconds from being over. I saw the last seconds of life. And saw into the world that lied beneath it, on the other side of every object we see. We never see the entire object at once; we can only scroll around all sides. But now I saw the side that nobody else sees; the unseen. The world of death.

And then the page finished loading. So I typed the experience that I just went through. And then I finished typing the last bit as you read it and are reading this right now, standing there, completely confused, like the orc smiley in my signature below.

Level 1
Wow, what a weirdo.

Anyway, I need some help with a couple of things...

My task is to create a custom unit sound set. I recorded my own phrases (yes, I know, most people suck at voice acting, including me), and I want to import them and use them as the unit's normal sound set. A few things are really confusing me, though. One thing is that units have different types of phrases; 3 for moving to somewhere, 3 for attacking, 3 for selecting them, and usually some more interesting phrases once you've clicked on them more than 3 times. But where do I categorize the different groups? And, more importantly, how do I even assign a unit the recorded phrases that I've imported into the Sound Editor?

Yeah, you're probably thinking, 'what a noob you are', but I'm sorry. I've done tons of things with WE, but never this. Anyway, once I make the imported sounds variables, what Effect do I set it to (for a sound set): Default, one of those other ones, or Hero Speech? Then, what Channel (again, for a sound set): General, Unit Selection, Unit Acknowledgment, Unit Movement, Unit Ready, Combat, Error, Music, User Interface, Looping Movement, Looping Ambient, Animations, Construction, Birth, or Fire? A lot of choices. I don't know which ones will work. Now then, a few last questions. Can I apply 'Hero Speech' type sounds to normal units? And what's the difference between 'Unit Selection', 'Unit Acknowledgment', and 'Unit Ready'?

I know, I'm asking a lot of questions at once. But please help, and thank you.

Level 15
You can overwrite the existing soundsets buy using custom file path in the import/export manager. Anyway, welcome to THW.

Level 8
That was a nice intro, well done. Welcome to Hive, enjoy your stay may it be long but not eternal, merry but not christmas, enjoyable but not orgasmic.

I'm guessing here btw,
Unit selection == sound played when unit selected
Unit acknoledgement == when you give the unit an order, it plays this
Unit ready == unit built/bought perhaps?

I don't bother with custom sounds myself as most people I know turn the unit responses etc off.

Level 1
Merry Christmas!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

I stumbled across this old thread because I remembered it and I found it. So yeah. YEAH.

CHRISTMAS.gif

Yes, I made this GIF.

Status
Not open for further replies.