• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Introducing Myself to the Hive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Um...........

Hello, Hive.......

Is there a formal way to do this introduction thing?

Ok, I live in Los Angeles, working on a Master of Orion map, pretty good with GUI triggers, don't know the first thing about JASS (People have told me it sucks), very good at terrain, ect, ect.

I have made a couple of maps, but not very good ones; my first one was average and my second one wasn't much better......but those were kind of just for practice, and to learn my way around the World Editor.

Just to be really wierd, I'm also goin to say that I like pickled mushrooms on pizza, but not the other kind.

If you want to help me wih my project or want more details about my project, e-mail me. [email protected]

Don't play DoTA. DoTA is evil because too many people play it.....nobody plays anything else nowadays. When I was alpha testing one of my mpas, it took me half an hour to scrape up enought players to start a game.

Also also also, for some reason, I cannot submit maps to the Hive. Anyone want to volunteer to submit a map for me? You can even take full credit for it.......

Wheeze.

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

SimonKurciski

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders (map and resource editors) of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.