• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

There are a tutorial for conect all animation of a model create for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am generalist 3d and make model warcraft, but need know how conect animatios news to game warcraft. How edit news glows or powers news. Please a help! Thanks!

Level 6
I assume that he was asking is how to make player colors to the models he creates and how to put the glows + animations too.

.. I think you would do better if you familiarized yourself with magos model editor, mdlvis, and mdlx converter.. As much as 3ds max is useful, sometimes it really derps up on exporting and isn't as reliable as it was before

now magos model editor is really a program that starts and finalizes a model. it can add textures, edit materials, add those glows, even edit animations to a degree, but i would fully encourage using mdlvis instead, as its the tool with much stronger ability to edit model shapes and animation.

mdlx converter you'll need mainly to constantly turn the war3 helper objects into bones, because if anything is attached to them, the model just.. collapses reality :xxd: (well not really, but geosets tend to derp up and attach themselves to other models, or the model can crash the game)

you will probably find yourself constantly switching between mdlvis, doing mesh changes, wrapping, rigging animation, and the converter, turning the darn helpers into bones so you don't suffer crashes in both mdlvis or game.. its just the way it is, they're old programs.. but it would be worth it

feel free to ask me questions about these programs and i'll try to answer

Level 6
The modeler knows how to make animations. What he don't know is how to add them to the magos or mdlvs. All tutorials shows that most people using war3 default units to transfer animations, but there zero tutorials about customized animations and how to add them to the magos/mdlvs. The main question is like this. If I have custom animation build in 3ds max how to make it work in model editor?

Last edited:
Level 6
Well we need a working neodex 2.7 for 3ds max 2010. Then I believe he can learn from it

Level 32
Hm let's see.. @Gluma has been using 3dsmax, so perhaps he can share his workflow and potential issues.. most of these converters are using old versions of max

Yeah I used 3ds max for some time (back to mdlvis now tho)

3dmax ofourse is far superior to mdlvis, but it has some import/export issues

I didnt research that all quite deep enough, but it seems that problems arise once you have particle systems, ribbon emitters and such stuff set up, at least so it seemed to me back in like two or three years ago
I think it did crash a lot for other reasons

Also don't use reverse kinematics, I still have ptsd from it, I think it crashed often and exported rally bad (warcraft doesn't support RK, so it just converts them into normal kinematics, which can strongly screw fast animations)

Honestly I stopped using it long time ago and don't really remember it well. If you feel like it, you can experiment yourself

Level 32
what was your workflow when exporting from Max? they need to know that one the most, it looks like

edit: maybe even the 3dsmax version..?

cant remember the version, I think I got the one neodex was asking for

the workflow, well, I mostly built my models on mdlvis, along with the rig (duh), then imported it in 3ds to do animation stuff, then exported and finished with particles and whatnot

so basicly if you have any half-decent 3dmax knowledge youll do it better than me

Level 6
We have the information. Its all here. Tools | HIVE

The thing is that Warcraft 3 Art tools doesn't work beyond 3ds max 4 which is I believe released in 2003-2004. I just hope for better tool about how to create custom models then import them and make them work in game. Hopefully we can achieve this by using NeoDex

Level 2
3dmax 5 no isntall with windows 7.
them install 3dmax 2010
I used plugin nedodex 2.7 over 3dmAX 2010 AND NOT WORK.

is a work crazy and hard.

nobody in this forum knows how to do that. and the tools or plugin are already obsolete. I think that you would have to hire a programmer exxclusively to run a plugin that does not work at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.