• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Them Darn Trolls!

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ok, This is the better version of Them Darn Trolls!

You control a hero, and the idea is to kill Forum Trolls, then defeat a really hard bad guy!

There is a hidden suprise in there if you can find it :p

Keywords:
Trolls, Random, Reece
Contents

Them Darn Trolls! (Map)

Reviews
16:43, 23rd Oct 2008 Septimus: Invalid author name and have 2 review by mini-moderator indicating this map is unacceptable. Sources rejected.

M

16:43, 23rd Oct 2008
Septimus: Invalid author name and have 2 review by mini-moderator indicating this map is unacceptable. Sources rejected.

Level 4
I know it's your first map but, yea put some more work into it! You can PM me if you need help/have any questions.

Why am I the bad guy? >_<

Last edited:
Level 14
This map has 1 major bug and it's pretty low quality, but it's not horrible.

- The map is missing an author name.

- The map has a major bug: The trigger you use to start the cinematic where you get a human base doesn't get turned off when you get the base. When I tried to move the army out of the base I started 20+ cinematics at once. Fix that by adding a "Trigger - Turn off this trigger" action at the start of the cinematic

- The terrain is pretty crappy

- The gameplay and story are pretty bad too, this map doesn't bring anything new. You start with an uber hero at the beginning, kill 15 trolls and get a base and a large human army. Then all you need to do is kill the main guy who is extremely strong.

- Before you start the cinematic you are hostile to the teal base and can destroy some of their buildings(the ones outside of the base).

- The short cinematic was also poorly made because there was no camera movement, a unit spawns in front of the hero instead of walking to him(you used move or create trigger instead of issue unit to move to) and the unit that was spawned for some reason dies in the end.

Overall
- This map brings nothing new and has that big bug that makes it unbearable to continue the map seeing as how you have to restart the cinematic every time you move at least 1 unit outside of the base. The terrain is low quality and the hero spells are all default warcraft spells, nothing new.

My advice
- Work on your map more, put more effort into it. Test it a few times before you release it. A bug as big as that one can't go unnoticed unless you didn't test it in the end. Work on your terrain, read some tutorials, ask for help and improve. Still, this map is alright for a first.

Score
- 1.5/5 Because it's your first. Your main priority should be to fix that major bug and then the rest.