• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Warden that pwnd Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Right now I'm attempting to make a Santa :)week:) Warden skin (with paint:cry:). However, there are 2 things wrong with this. One, it looks crap (but I'll manage), and more importantly, the chakram and the spikey bits on her cloak aren't transparent. Could someone remove the black bits?

Attachments

• IronRaven2.JPG
    IronRaven2.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 166
  • IronRaven2.blp
    108.4 KB · Views: 69
Level 26
Well, you know that spikey thing she's holding? And the spikes on the edge of her cloak? Well, on the normal model there's a nice clean gap between each spike, but not on mine. See below

EDIT: Whups, not a chakram then. Giant frisbee?

Attachments

• Wardens.jpg
    Wardens.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 480
Level 25
Well, you know that spikey thing she's holding? And the spikes on the edge of her cloak? Well, on the normal model there's a nice clean gap between each spike, but not on mine. See below

EDIT: Whups, not a chakram then. Giant frisbee?

Who knows what it is? Chakrams are throwing weapons, and that thing isn't a throwing weapon. I call it a Warden Blade, though I suppose the closest actual weapon is a Chakram, a Wind Fire wheel, or whatever the heck that thing Tira in SC3 uses

As for the lack of gaps, alpha channels

Level 45
okay..

notes:
add shading
and you have no alpha channel, DO NOT WORK ON THEM AS BMP if that is what you are doing, work on them and export and convert them to/from or as or whatever.. A TGA.
The alpha channel is basically your transparency layer and other stuff like TC.
You have no alpha channel. To Fix, re-extract/convert the original warden skin, BUT AS TGA (do it with wc3viewer) then cnp your skin over it and save. That should save the alpha channel.
If you want to make changes then use gimp and just use the eraser to add or remove transparency (make sure it has an alpha channel first)

As for the weapon? you ..dont want it at all? well the mdl data in the model isnt set to have transparency on it to my knowlege, so alpha channels wont really effect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.