• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Geoset Merge help - Pic of the problem in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hey folks. Trying my first hand at some model editting here, but I'm running into a bucketload of problems already. Here's what I have done:

I want to make a NE Warden Statue, like the Sentinel and KotG statue.
First, I deleted the Keeper of the Grove statue from it's socket. I saved the socket as KeeperStatue_Base.

Secondly, I made a quicky custom greenish skin for the Warden. I exported the Warden Model, and in MDL notepad editing, removed all her animations but Stand. Also, in its animation listing, I changed the number from 12 to 1.

Then, using Oinkerwinkle's geoset merge, I combined the two mdl's, using the KotGstatue socket as a base, and merging it with the Warden.

The following is what happened. o_O

GeosetHELP.JPG

AIEEEE.

Wherever I place the custom doodad, the Warden, and all of those blp's of her skin stacked against her, appear in the exact center of the map, or randomly on one of its' corners.

Needless to say.. madness. What am I doing wrong? :\

Status
Not open for further replies.