• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Wailing Dungeon Beta 1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Faestus Presents

The Wailing Dungeon
Created by Faestus

Map Info:

The Wailing Dungeon is a Dungeon Map where the players are sent to nagivate through random rooms, and encounter random monsters.

Features:

-9 Environments
-6 Hero Classes
-110 Encountered Monsters (Including Champions)
-10 Unique Bosses
-35 Items
-11 Purchasable Mercenaries

119755d1353680482-need-beta-testers-wailing-dungeon-1.jpg

119758d1353681442-need-beta-testers-wailing-dungeon-3.jpg

119759d1353681442-need-beta-testers-wailing-dungeon-4.jpg

119760d1353681442-need-beta-testers-wailing-dungeon-5.jpg

119761d1353681442-need-beta-testers-wailing-dungeon-6.jpg

Change Log:

-Added a difficulty setting
-Added New Hero: The Dream Weaver
-Added New Hero: The Soul Gambler
-Hero Abilities now require 5 levels, down from 3
-Most hero abilities have their costs greatly increased
-Bosses have double health and armor

Fixed Bosses not properly spawning
Items have been redesigned

Map Should now support 1 up to 4 players.
Shops now provide line of sight to the players
Balance Changes
-Rune of Restoration now restores all units at full health
-Reduced the cost of Tier 2 and 3 Mercenaries
-Tweaked the stats recieved from Agility, Intelligence and Strength
-Tinker's Main Attribute now Strength

Fixed Texts filling up the screen
Added Reset Function
Select Hero range increased
Tweaked the stats of heroes and all units, including bosses
Fixed Summoned Units giving gold drops
Increased overall difficulty

Tweaked Wyrm Boss (Should spawn with two carcasses, instead of passively creating them)
Tweaked Vulkan Boss (His Tentacle Shield should properly work now)
Tweaked Gold Drops (Every 4th monster now drops a chest worth of 60 gold)
Fixed Gremlin's Mines not engaging
Boss should now properly spawn

*Beta Testers*
-TwoVenomous-
-Legendary-
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-

Keywords:
Dungeon, Random, Generated, Demon, Undead, Spider, Room
Contents

The Wailing Dungeon Beta 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
18:42, 25th Nov 2012 Orcnet: BETA version is not allowed, see my comment

M

18:42, 25th Nov 2012
Orcnet: BETA version is not allowed, see my comment

Level 2
When I tried this map on bnet..it wouldn't let us start since it didn't have a 2nd team.

Since I can't tell if it was solely on my end...thought I would point that out and if anybody else was having the same problem.

Level 12
When I tried this map on bnet..it wouldn't let us start since it didn't have a 2nd team.

Since I can't tell if it was solely on my end...thought I would point that out and if anybody else was having the same problem.

no, anybody would also have this kind of problem if they host it on bnet, because
1. this is still in a beta phase.
2. the force for creeps hadn't been set.

Level 7
I made a new update that should now support 1 up to 4 players.

Also creep power has been decreased.

EDIT: Made a small fix that made Locust Veil work properly.

Also should solve Destiny's problem.

Last edited:
Level 16
Firstly, I like you map, it has potential to be great. I'll give you a few pointers to work on.

• A lot of tooltips are inconsistant. All stats which change on an ability should be listed on all levels, to show the strengthing of that ability. For example, the bow chicks arrows has "15 sec cooldown" on level 4, but the cooldown is not mentioned on any other levels. It looks like a mistake, or im not sure what the cooldowns were on the other levels. There are other abilities, thats just one.

• At the beginning, I chose my hero, then selected the "repick ability" to see what each hero has. The second time I "repicked", it generated more wisps than 4. Each time I "repicked", it kept making more and more wisps. Fix that, heres a screeny:
    attachment.php

• The ability that converts the bow chick into a darkness form is strange. Its odd and I dont like it. It seems more useless than helpful (my opinion). Converting out of the player's control, and losing all hp is a bit silly, then going invunerable and restoring all hp. Seems unbalanced, etc. You could make it an active which drains health much slower lasting X seconds, and increasing attack speed for the duration.

• A storyline would be nice. It seems like your just in a dungeon, the reason why is not stated, the objective not clear, etc. Were they imprissoned by somebody and their objective is to slay that person to escape the dungeon? You could also add some cinematics (like at the start, after some important bosses and at the end, etc) to enhance the story. Good cinematics are a lot of work, maybe work on other things, then you can worry about cinematics.

• This map makes me think that it would be very cool if the players could interact with the environment in some way. Some dungeons have mazes etc which is interesting, but some have no mechanics. Maybe 1 dungeon could have a portal which teleports you from one side to the other. Maybe 1 dungeon has TNT which you can use to kill off creeps (but careful you dont hurt yourself), and maybe one could have rocks dropping down from the ceiling which you need to dodge (give the players an indicator to warn of a falling rock, allowing them to dodge). This point would be hard to do, but it would be a very interesting and fun addition.

• You have made a changelog, but you can also add a version number to your map (even if its a beta) so people know if their's is outdated or not. Since there is no version number, I'm not sure if you have updated your map since I downloaded mine.

Attachments

• wisps.jpg
    wisps.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 249
Level 7
A lot of tooltips are inconsistant. All stats which change on an ability should be listed on all levels, to show the strengthing of that ability. For example, the bow chicks arrows has "15 sec cooldown" on level 4, but the cooldown is not mentioned on any other levels. It looks like a mistake, or im not sure what the cooldowns were on the other levels. There are other abilities, thats just one.
Well I'll reconsider updating the tooltips.. Thank you.
At the beginning, I chose my hero, then selected the "repick ability" to see what each hero has. The second time I "repicked", it generated more wisps than 4. Each time I "repicked", it kept making more and more wisps.
Yes. That issue should be fixed in version 1.1. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The ability that converts the bow chick into a darkness form is strange. Its odd and I dont like it. It seems more useless than helpful (my opinion). Converting out of the player's control, and losing all hp is a bit silly, then going invunerable and restoring all hp. Seems unbalanced, etc. You could make it an active which drains health much slower lasting X seconds, and increasing attack speed for the duration.
Well I wanted her to be forced to switch from one form to another (Kinda like the Gremlin) so that she wouldn't have to stay in one form most of the time. I will change it if I get a better idea.
A storyline would be nice. It seems like your just in a dungeon, the reason why is not stated, the objective not clear, etc. Were they imprissoned by somebody and their objective is to slay that person to escape the dungeon? You could also add some cinematics (like at the start, after some important bosses and at the end, etc) to enhance the story. Good cinematics are a lot of work, maybe work on other things, then you can worry about cinematics.
I haven't thought of a Storyline yet, but I might come to one on the way.
This map makes me think that it would be very cool if the players could interact with the environment in some way. Some dungeons have mazes etc which is interesting, but some have no mechanics. Maybe 1 dungeon could have a portal which teleports you from one side to the other. Maybe 1 dungeon has TNT which you can use to kill off creeps (but careful you dont hurt yourself), and maybe one could have rocks dropping down from the ceiling which you need to dodge (give the players an indicator to warn of a falling rock, allowing them to dodge). This point would be hard to do, but it would be a very interesting and fun addition.
Well I will add more interesting chambers in the future. Thank you for your ideas.
You have made a changelog, but you can also add a version number to your map (even if its a beta) so people know if their's is outdated or not. Since there is no version number, I'm not sure if you have updated your map since I downloaded mine.
I wil ladd versions from now on. Thank your for your review.

I made a new version that adds a difficulty setting and 2 new heroes. Tell me if you get any bugs.

Level 30
all is going through but my apologize you shouldn't upload this map in this section since it is still in Beta test which is not yet suitable for other players to either play it on LAN or BNET or any console that can play wc3, only maps that are fully complete and compatible with the resource rules, I suggest you to re-upload them and make a thread here in the [url="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/]Map Development[/url] thread for more users to help you out than here, I'll be watching it then

Level 7
There is a thread there with this map already.

Is it Ok if I keep this map uploaded here till it's ready, then reupload the working version?

Edit: It now has a Computer player and should work properly on Bnet btw.

Last edited:
Level 2
I am trying to help beta test this but it won't display the original post only #2+ can anyone upload a copy I can download?