• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well I uploaded the beta.

You have to look for:
-Bugs of any kind (Try forcing your ways over walls, stuff like that)
-Misbehaving typos (Info doesn't match the ability, stuff like that)
-Misbehaving monsters (They refuse to cast abilities, their abilities have wrong names when charmed, etc.)
-Small Misconveniences (You find the Shop hard to navigate, think you don't get enough indications etc.)

And pm me what you find.

Level 12
i find this very hard to be tested, almost everytime i died. the Rune of Restoration only heals a few health points.

and i feel bad that i didn't buy anything at the first place, the rest of the waves doesn't spawn any shop anymore.

- Scorcha's abilities 'Explosions' only spawn random amount of molten magma and i didn't see it exploding (it just disappear), also it stunned my own units (on first attempt, it stunned my mercenaries, when i repeat, it stunned Faestus).
- Scorcha's abilities 'Banish' can also target my own units.
- Faestus's abilities 'Quill Burst' mention something about 'Trample ability' which i don't have any idea what it is.
- Faestus's abilities 'Quill Burst' hotkeys didn't work, i pressed Q and the ability didn't get clicked.
- Gorkin's abilities 'Robo-Goblin' mention about having to not capable of using spell, but he can still cast Landmines.
- Gorkin's abilities 'Robo-Goblin' hotkeys didn't work either.
- i think Seerix's Light form description should be "Seerix will switch into darkness after 45 seconds".
- the Dagger and Basher in the shop should be inside another category, i thought it was also a category :/
- random trees spawned on my unit's way, cause it to stuck over the trees and block the other units.
- i think you should change the description for wisp's 'Select Hero' abilities, it shows '0' on the description.
- you should add a -clear messages

this is a very fun map, though at my first point, it's a little bit too hard :/
i might come with more information.

EDIT : anyway, how would i know if the monster has abilities :/

Level 7
Well I'm looking into balancing it first, then I will add more difficulties.

I'm looking to balance it for normal difficulty right now, which takes quite some time.

Also to answer your question, most monsters have abilities, whether it's actives or passives. There are few exceptions (Like Tier 1 monsters and some more). They should all use abilities.

Level 12
hey, the player on Force 2 should be a computer, not a user :/

EDIT : more information from me :
- when the hero is on the place where the shop will be spawned, the hero stucked on center of the shop. it happened to me :/

- item Tower Shield's Description is vague

it should say 'increase all stats by 2' instead of 'increase your stats by 2' :D
the same for Command Banner.

- when other player is buying the same type of item, the message also appeared to me :D

- item Soul Veil's Description should be Berserk instead of Breserk :p

- when i use Soul Veil, the cooldown state didn't show up.

- Locust Veil's description should be re-indented. it showed some unnecessary space :/

- dummy shop shouldn't have selection scale.

- when a player leaves, a game messages should appear telling that this player leaves :D

Major bug :

after i encountered a boss (broodmother) and killed them, no messages or opened gates are showed. so i leave the game

other topic :

Faestus with Locust Veil = EPIC WIN :D

suggestion :

add more class please :DDDD

added some screenshots :

Attachments

• Wailing Dungeon 1.jpg
    Wailing Dungeon 1.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 2,103
  • Wailing Dungeon 3.jpg
    Wailing Dungeon 3.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 2,120
  • Wailing Dungeon 4.jpg
    Wailing Dungeon 4.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 2,063
  • Wailing Dungeon 5.jpg
    Wailing Dungeon 5.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 2,060
  • Wailing Dungeon 6.jpg
    Wailing Dungeon 6.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 1,972
Last edited:
Level 7
hey, the player on Force 2 should be a computer, not a user :/

EDIT : more information from me :
- when the hero is on the place where the shop will be spawned, the hero stucked on center of the shop. it happened to me :/

- item Tower Shield's Description is vague

it should say 'increase all stats by 2' instead of 'increase your stats by 2' :D
the same for Command Banner.

- when other player is buying the same type of item, the message also appeared to me :D

- item Soul Veil's Description should be Berserk instead of Breserk :p

- when i use Soul Veil, the cooldown state didn't show up.

- Locust Veil's description should be re-indented. it showed some unnecessary space :/

- dummy shop shouldn't have selection scale.

- when a player leaves, a game messages should appear telling that this player leaves :D

Major bug :

after i encountered a boss (broodmother) and killed them, no messages or opened gates are showed. so i leave the game

other topic :

Faestus with Locust Veil = EPIC WIN :D

suggestion :

add more class please :DDDD

added some screenshots :
Well I fixed most shortcut/cooldowns on items so they should work fine now.

I'd love to help.
You can always join.

Level 2
Odd... it won't show me the original post of that thread. It only shows me the second post.... Do you have another link I can download it from?

Level 12
Odd... it won't show me the original post of that thread. It only shows me the second post.... Do you have another link I can download it from?

the resource is being deleted by the moderator, because it's still in a beta phase and disobey the resource rule, that's why it doesn't show the first post.

Faestus might responses to this thread and re-upload the new version of the map here.

Level 13
Hehe sorry but i don't know the level of the boss and by the way in the center when the skeletons spawn isn't it a bit too hard for them?

Level 12
Bugs :
- Ace's Flip a coin killed the Choice of Heroes...
- again, after a text appeared "Soul Legion has come to claim you to their own", the boss didn't spawn and i have no choice but to quit the game. :/
-----------------------------------------------------
Inconveniences :
- I suggest spawning a circle of power or something to let the wisp choose the difficulties is better than clicking on them, i wasn't aware that if i click on the wisp, i will get what difficulties. and also i can vote twice.
Player 1 has chosen Easy
Player 1 has chosen Hard
Difficulty has been set on easy
- on certain areas, the camera bound locking is too small, it's hard to go inside another gate.
- Will O Wisp sometimes work sometimes not (the damage works, but didn't heal).
- The Conduit's Version of Will O Wisp doesn't work at all. :/
Misbehaving Items :
- Health Veil
when i use it, i recovered 200 hit points, not getting 200 life points per second and also i don't get what that exploit is for :/
210329-albums5809-picture63744.jpg

- Rune of mana doesn't recover mana or the amount of recovered mana is too little.
Hotkeys that doesn't work :
- Dream Bolt
- Transform to Conduit
Questions :
- when i learn The Sandman ability, a butterfly is summoned directly .. is this intentionally ?
- what should i do to fight the boss ? they didn't spawn. so i can't test the boss. and what do you mean by reverse mode ? how do i go to that mode ?
New Screenshot :
210329-albums5809-picture63746.jpg
210329-albums5809-picture63747.jpg

i like the new shop, it's well organized. ^^

Attachments

• Bug.jpg
    Bug.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Level 7
Bugs :
- Ace's Flip a coin killed the Choice of Heroes...
- again, after a text appeared "Soul Legion has come to claim you to their own", the boss didn't spawn and i have no choice but to quit the game. :/
-The Ace Bug was caused by the ability (Don't know how) it will be fixed in the next version.
-That boss spawns a Ziggurat in the center of the room which does not move or attack.
Inconveniences :
- I suggest spawning a circle of power or something to let the wisp choose the difficulties is better than clicking on them, i wasn't aware that if i click on the wisp, i will get what difficulties. and also i can vote twice.
Player 1 has chosen Easy
Player 1 has chosen Hard
Difficulty has been set on easy
- on certain areas, the camera bound locking is too small, it's hard to go inside another gate.
- Will O Wisp sometimes work sometimes not (the damage works, but didn't heal).
- The Conduit's Version of Will O Wisp doesn't work at all. :/
-I will look into that
-I will try to fix the camera settings
-The Conduit's evil wisp looks different and does not heal. One thing you notice is that it does not shine but it should work normally otherwise.
Misbehaving Items :
- Health Veil
when i use it, i recovered 200 hit points, not getting 200 life points per second and also i don't get what that exploit is for :/
210329-albums5809-picture63744.jpg

- Rune of mana doesn't recover mana or the amount of recovered mana is too little.
-I will fix that
-Rune of mana recovers 300 mana. It's not much but still...
Hotkeys that doesn't work :
- Dream Bolt
- Transform to Conduit
-Fixed
Questions :
- when i learn The Sandman ability, a butterfly is summoned directly .. is this intentionally ?
- what should i do to fight the boss ? they didn't spawn. so i can't test the boss. and what do you mean by reverse mode ? how do i go to that mode ?
-That is how the ability works. When cast on an ally, it will grant him bonus armor and the summon will attack whoever it is attacking. Otherwise it will attack the units Hypnos attacks.
-You can activate the boss mode by typing "-BM" and reverse mode by typing "-RM" the same way you activate cheats. I will post a description of game modes soon enough. Also note that the Reverse Mode tooltips are not done yet so they might look weird.

Thank you for the feedback and bugs!
Hi if you want an extra opinion I'd love to help out, i'm bit late, but I want to make myself useful ;)
Don't worry! The game has enough bugs for everyone (Not sure ifa good thing though)

Last edited:
Level 7
It shouldn't.

I noticed it so I made boss spawn regions. They are where the bosses spawn so that they don't pop over terrain.

It should be somewhere in the south exit if the room has stuff in the center.

Level 12
I laughed hard on the description of Magic Sparkle, i've just noticed them. xD
The wisp sparkles... but not the "Gay Twilight Vampire" way.. no..no..

but it's still hard to choose difficulties :/
they're the same yellow wisp... i can't differ them.

Items :
- Locust Veil doesn't work, it didn't spawn carrion beetles .. at ALL!

Abilities :
- Scorcha's Phase Shifter have the wrong title, it said "Create Sandman".
- Will' O Wisp healed enemy units instead of allied.
- Life steal hotkey doesn't work.

Monsters :
- the Banshee is extremely easy to beat xP

Others :
- I died ....

Last edited:
Level 7
they're the same yellow wisp... i can't differ them.

Items :
- Locust Veil doesn't work, it didn't spawn carrion beetles .. at ALL!

Abilities :
- Scorcha's Phase Shifter have the wrong title, it said "Create Sandman".
- Will' O Wisp healed enemy units instead of allied.
- Life steal hotkey doesn't work.

Monsters :
- the Banshee is extremely easy to beat xP
Thank you. They will all be fixed in the next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.