• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Vietnam War 1.2.3a!

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Write your own history in the Vietnam War! Decide the fate of one of America's most controversial wars in a Diplomacy game. Controlling cities decides income. This game is not a simple land war. Combining elements of real game micro, special abilities, infused quests and dynamic strategic opportunities The Vietnam War is more than Europa or other diplomacy games. Thanks to Cavman, Illidan(evil)x, Dragon Elf Mogare, Kofi_Banan, Kwa, l0w_kwaliti, TheCretin and Wikipedia.

Keywords:
The, Vietnam, War, 70s, 60s, Cold, wars, jungle, diplomacy, strategy, modern, combat, history, historical, Hippies, Hippy.
Contents

The Vietnam War 1.2.3a! (Map)

Reviews
17:24, 28th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: Although on the first view the map looks fine, it has quite a lot of issues. Let's start with the wrong DISBTN icons: A lot of missing hotkeys aswell. The loading time and the lag was awful. The terrain did...

M

17:24, 28th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Although on the first view the map looks fine, it has quite a lot of issues. Let's start with the wrong DISBTN icons:
rauh54.jpg

A lot of missing hotkeys aswell. The loading time and the lag was awful. The terrain did not contain a single dodoad. All in all a map that needs some improvements, it's about 1.5-2, I'l set it to Rejected.

Level 5
Use the update button please? The database doesn't need new 2.50MB copied of your map EVERY time that you update. No offense.

Level 3
None taken, I didnt post 1.2.2b.. I have posted on the wall of that map for them to remove it because it is nolonger nessecary but no action has been taken. I do use the update button and this is the only version of this by me on the site so do some homework before you flame. later bra

Level 34
Flame? I don't see any flaming here. In fact he's just trying to help you out by telling you the rules. He was mistaken, and didn't realize you did not post the other version.

I have deleted the old map for you, sorry for the wait, but we can't really tell when you ask in the comments like that (there are so many maps and comments uploaded each day). Use the Resource Moderation Forum for a faster response, thanks.

Level 4
just wanna let u know i enjoy ur vietnam maps but the fact is the game never reaches the 70s not even 66, i guess both teams has to be rly equaly strong to get to the 70s anyway nice map but the order bombing strike sometimes bugs, wont drop bombs

Level 3
Yea im still working on that.. I dont know if I can figure it out w/o the help of a JASS writer or someone whos good real good with GUI. But most of the time when the bomb doesnt work is because you do not have enough money xD. The game usually gets into the 70s when people who are good/smart/nonleavers are playing.. so not too much I can do about that.. thanks for the feedback =D

Level 1
I love this map but...

The American Bombings, are RIGGED.
For some strange reason whenever I try to use the MiG bombings they might not work.
The Americans in general ARE RIGGED, remember, the US lost.
The Cambodia is near useless.
Its laggy.

But apart from that it gets a 4/5
Well if it wants to be accurate it should have the US leave in March, 1973 thats when they left but, my dad told me that he meet a Vietnam vet that was still fighting there until 1975.

Level 1
Hey everyone i am Skapunker,

I just recently reinstalled wc3 + throzen throne again, and got my hosting bot to work again.

Out of al ALL maps ever made on wc3 custom games,

This map has definately always reached the number 1 spot for me !!!

There is nothing more thrilling about an custom War game with tons of customs models and history lessons when time gets on , with alot of facts,

Never seen a map with so many triggers before, so many stuff happening everywhere, so many paths to take,

I was hosting this map alot 7 years ago, and i will continue to host it alot in the coming months.

I just wanted to say, i have been reading all the threads on here, and on other threads about The Vietnam War, and everyone has been flaming the crap out of Johnny_b-goode

He did not Deserve that !!!

I absolutely Completely Disagree with the Moderator at the time giving this map an 1.5 or a 2, and calling it REJECTED.

For me this map is an 10 out of 10, the Best custom wc3 map Ever Made !!!!