• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Two Kingdoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well, it's been awhile since I wrote a story last. An idea came into my head one time when I was listening to the Stormwind theme. I observed at how epic it was and BAM! it hit me like a brick. So, without further ado, I give you: The Two Kingdoms.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Two Kingdoms
I: The Death of a General

The land of Archonus was nestled in conflict. The largest kingdom, the Kingdom of Erania, had suffered from the recent death of its last King, Cassius. Unfortunate as it was, Erania needed a new leader. But Cassius had died prematurely, and did not have any heirs. So the Council, the group of Eranians who uphold justice and law decided to anoint Aphrodes, Cassius' general, as the new king. But this did not flow well with some people... Some wanted Aranius, a famous hero who had saved many lives and destroyed many things wicked prior, to be king. This disagreement became an argument. This argument became a brawl. This brawl became a civil war...

Corpses filled the streets. The blood of innocents tainted the holy ground of Erania. The Council had fallen into disarray...

The civil war raged on and on and on. But on the seventh day, Aranius was able to fight his way to the holy Castle of Enarnon, named after its first King. They had knocked its massive doors down and hacked and slashed their way through until they reached the throne room. There, Aranius had encountered Aphrodes, and the men on both sides made way, for the destiny of their people was about to be decided...

"The Council has anointed ME king, Aranius!" spat Aphrodes. "Not some 'hero'! I was the King's right hand man through every war he fought. This throne is MINE!"

"For the moment, yes. But when I toss your carcass off of it, it shall be yours no longer." replied Aranius, calmly as it were. "There can only be one King. But if you insist, let us fight for it."

"Very well! Prepare to meet your doom!"

Aphrodes stood up from the throne and grabbed the massive axe which he leaned on it. Aprhodes was a tall man of strong, muscular build. He looked like a giant compared to Aranius, but Aranius didn't even flinch. Angrily, Aphrodes raised his axe and charged at his enemy. Aranius was prepared, however, and evaded Aphrodes right before he swung his axe. Aphrodes turned around, growing madder every second. He charged again, but this time Aranius side-stepped him and cut his shoulder.

Aphrodes dropped his axe and gripped his shoulder. He let loose a wild howl as blood poured forth from his wound. "YOU CANNOT WIN! I SHALL DESTROY YOU! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Aphrodes charged yet again, but this time with no weapon in hand. He was going to try to kill Aranius with his bare hands. But this was his fatal mistake... Aranius had extended his blade right before Aphrodes contacted him, and Aphrodes was impaled by Aranius' sword. Blood dripped from his mouth and chest, in ever increasing amounts, until the light left Aphrodes' eyes. He was dead.

Aranius pulled his blade out of Aphrodes' chest and let his corpse fall to the ground. "Bury him," he said. The soldiers nodded and a few of them carried it away. Aranius, exhausted from the fight, threw down his blade and sat on the throne. And at this moment, every man in the room got to their knees and bowed before him. At last, the new King of Erania had arrived...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed it! As always, please read and review.

Level 15
Thanks. I might add onto this later, but I've got stuff on my mind. By the way, my idea was that I would describe Aranius' rise to heroism during the next few chapters, and then continue from where I the story 'began'.

Status
Not open for further replies.