• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] The Trouble with Transports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The big question: Is there any way to instantaneously remove a particular unit from a transport?

The only way I've been able to find to remove units from transports is a simple 'unload' command, which doesn't do me a lot of good. I'm working on a campaign with a few naval levels, and any time a trigger runs that calls a particular unit (my campaign heroes), it seems to ignore that unit if it's currently loaded in a transport.

Is there something obvious I'm missing, or is this just something fiddly with GUI? Is there no choice but to use a wait condition? Is there some way to do it with Jass?

Thanks guys. Any advice is much appreciated.

Level 13
What are you trying to do with the unit? Depending on your triggers, you can simply show the unit and hide it again. The only problem is that it'll be paused and you won't be able to have it selected for long, unless you unload it from its transporting unit - of course.

Level 6
Hey, thanks for replying!

It's a campaign, so a lot of stuff happening. Changing ownership, moving units around, creating caches. Setups for cinematics are a big thing - though I suppose I could just create a shallow water area on each relevant map and use a 'wait until unit in transport=false' between the fade out and fade in. I was hoping there was some instantaneous method out there, so I could move Heroes currently in transit dynamically. But if there isn't, well, I guess I can figure out some work-arounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.