• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Replacing units inside transports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Here is a trigger I have made:

• Load Transport
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is loaded into a transport
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Worker
    • Actions
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Unit - Create 1 Goblin for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Now the created units are placed outside the transport. How do I do to make the Workers loaded into the transport be replaced with the new unit inside the transport?

Last edited:
Level 5
To learn what leaks are check this out: Leaks
  • Load
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Loading unit)) Equal to Peasant
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Transporting unit) to Unload (Loading unit)
      • Unit - Replace (Loading unit) with a Footman using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Order (Transporting unit) to Load (Last replaced unit)

Level 10
Thanks for the trigger, but it does not work exactly as I want to. I can describe a little further, although the idea might sound silly. On my map Workers can be loaded into different "transports" for different effects. The transport I am trying to create now works like this:

I have a Goblin bombship. The bombship has Battle Station and can hold up to 2 workers.
The loaded workers acts as bombs that can be dropped.
When the bombship presses "Stand down" or clicks on the loaded units, I want the loaded workers to be replaced by bombs that drops on the ground. (Or, the bombs are just created on the ground) But I don't want the bombship to be able to load workers and drop them without a cooldown.

I want this to work for all players who plays as the goblins.
First I wanted the unit to be replaced inside the bombship, but now I have tried something like this: When Worker is unloaded out of the dropship, replace unloaded unit with a new unit (bomb) but I don't get it to work at all.

Any ideas how to make this?

Level 10
  • Load zeppelin
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Worker
    • Actions
      • If ((Ability being cast) Equal to Stand Down) then do (Unit - Order (Transporting unit) to Stop) else do (Do nothing)
      • Unit - Replace (Ordered unit) with a Bomb using The new unit's max life and mana
I have played around in the triggereditor for some time now and this is how good as it gets. It does not work :(

How do I get this to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.